Brainly is the world’s largest online community, uniting students, parents and teachers in solving their academic problems and exchanging knowledge. Every month we are proud to be home for 350 million users. Besides delivering world class educational products we’re a technology company at heart. We want to be the best educational platform in the world and are currently we’re looking for skilled QA Engineers to help us to build it.
Each month, hundreds of millions of students around the world come to Brainly to learn and help one another. The Community Product team builds products that empower students to become community experts and scale their knowledge to our global audience.
We’re looking for an experienced QA Engineer to help us ensure a quality delivery of the next generation of Community products and tools. As part of the team you’ll cooperate cross-functionally to help us design and implement test and debugging practices as well as maintain documentation to make continuous improvements to the Brainly platforms. Our goal is to deepen engagement with most valuable users while ensuring the overall safety, quality, and trustworthiness of our platform.
We are creating an in-house CMS product in the Textbook solutions project. In this project, questions from textbooks are digitized, answered by the team of experts, and uploaded to the database. Then they are viewed by thousands of students in multiple countries. This is one of the biggest CMS platforms in the world with hundreds of people working on it at the same time, and we have great plans for its future development.
The main difference between these two roles is that the Community team is looking for a QA Engineer with a strong user experience approach and experience in frontend testing and the CMS team is looking for QA Engineer with solid BE testing skills and who will be a bridge between support and engineering side. More details in requirements.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Working in a very creative environment and with focus-oriented high-fliers
- Shipping products worldwide to 350+ million users monthly
- Transform the world of online education also by developing related products for students, parents, and teachers around the globe
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
A new QA Engineer will be responsible for:
- leading the quality assurance processes of the team focused on delivering Community/CMS products and tools
- executing risk-based planning (prioritizing) for testing activities
- creating and gathering data for QA metrics to track achieving the core business KPIs
- executing and preparing test cases and test scenarios
- executing and preparing automated test cases and test scenarios (writing test automation up to 15-20% of work time) - CMS team
- reporting and investigating issues/bugs found
- collaborating with the development team, QAs, Product Owners, and market teams
- documenting and analyzing test results as well as following up on corresponding defects with developers
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
Required skills and systems:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a QA
- Experience in frontend testing and a strong focus on user experience (Community team)
- Experience in backend testing and good knowledge of tooling (CMS team)
- General knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes;
- Knowledge about best practices for test cases creation, maintenance, and execution;
- An understanding of user acceptance methodologies including black box testing, use cases, and user stories
- Experience with performing and supervising exploratory testing
- Understanding of the Scrum/Agile methodology
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Experience in providing training and support to quality teams/colleagues on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes based on the Quality Assurance
- Experience with DevTools (or similar)
- Experience with tools supporting API testing (Postman, Fiddler)
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Good time management skills
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with ISTQB concepts confirmed by ISTQB certificate (or similar)
- Experience with test automation (Cypress, Selenium, API testing) or a strong willingness to learn
- Experience with an internal CMS tools or similar internal platform
- Knowledge of tools for project/test management (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Zephyr, TestRail, Xray)
- Familiarity with BDD and/or TDD concepts
- Experience with test automation and testing frameworks
- You have excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, analytical thinking and problem-solving
- You are a proactive person, constantly moving forward, actively engaged
- You are professionally mature person with strong self-organization skills
- You have ability to make your own decisions and take ownership of developed solutions
- You have high attention to details and focus on quality
- You are able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and always eager to learn
- You have an agile mindset
- Location: Kraków or remotely from Poland / Barcelona or remotely from Spain
- Salary: 8 000 - 13 000 PLN gross/monthly (employment contract)
- Some of our benefits:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
What is BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - email@example.com. If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].