CMP Group is looking for a QA ENGINEER for a High Traffic Site in a challenging and fun environment!
We are a mid-sized and quickly growing company and we want you to be an ambassador of quality within a cross-functional development team.
CMP Group is a friendly, progressive company that understands the importance of the work/play ratio. So, hang out with us on our terrace, where you can relax or play ping pong. Join us for barbecues, nights out and winter ski trips. Exchange ideas with people from all aspects of our business to help encourage new ideas and out of the box thinking. Come and work in an environment that encourages your growth as a developer by investing in conferences and workshops and always encouraging you to learn new things!
- Support developers in understanding how to write more testable and robust code and software with the appropriate level of quality.
- Collaboratively work across all areas of IT development, actively liaising with developers and business stakeholders to improve overall quality and performance.
- Educate your team in getting the best return of investment from test automation.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to your development team around strategies and production deployment plans with the team ensuring high availability of service.
- Must be fluent in English.
- 2+ years of experience in QA.
- 1+ years of QA automation experience.
- Understanding the benefits of using Automated Testing and when using is appropriate.
- Ability to understand software architecture and the implications that this has on testing.
- Good understanding of how to best design automated testing across application layers using UI, API, and Integration tests.
- High confidence in writing SQL statements autonomously.
- Ability to write code in at least one OO language, ideally Java.
- Excellent working knowledge of web automation tools, ideally Webdriver.
- Ability to identify when performance testing is required and advise the team on how best to perform performance testing (JMeter).
- Excellent bug reporting.
- Experience testing of APIs, Web Services and Backend Services.
- EU working permit
- Some travel may be required
- Previous experience with testing frameworks like jUnit or TestNG.
- Previous experience with CI servers like Jenkins.
- Very good understanding of TDD, BDD or ATDD and their benefits.
- Exposure to the following:
- Gherkin based testing frameworks, such as JBehave or JVM-Cucumber
- Continuous Integration for testing
- Previous experience working on *nix environments, that includes both user and admin knowledge.
- Previous experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Previous experience in working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Permanent contract.
- Flexible working hours.
- 23 days of vacation, plus flexible bank holidays.
- Continuous training and free English and/or Spanish classes.
- Company sponsored events: industry meet-ups through the Summer; company-wide retreat (Caribbean in 2015; Sardinia Island in 2016); office ski trip in winter.
- Apple work equipment.
- Private health insurance.
- Paid lunches.
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus.
- Monthly tech "freestyle" days - tech team members decide what they want to work on and do it.
- Interesting projects and working with latest technologies.
- Big terrace with ping pong and kicker tables, as well as many drinks and snacks.
About CMP Group
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!