At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment putting the user at the centre of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth, and we'll continue catering to them that way.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated QA Engineer to build the safest credit card in the market. Our tech team is growing – and learning as we go. We’re on a journey, building and evolving the way we work, and we’re looking for recruits who can teach us as much as we’ll teach them.
Joining our engineering team, and you work cross-platform, testing on both our iOS and Android applications. We have a product-oriented team, releasing apps every week. The ideal candidate is mobile-savvy, loves testing, and understands what makes a great mobile app!
During your time at Tymit you will
- Work as part of cross-functional, friendly, agile tech teams to ensure quality is driven into the development process.
- Test new features and ensure that existing features are working well.
- Ensure that tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team on the status of quality.
- Help to configure test environments for both manual and automated tests.
- Find bugs and analyze the importance and priority of bugs relating to a release.
- Write clear bug reports and provide all the necessary detail so that others can reproduce and diagnose the issue.
- Play a part in clarifying business requirements and user stories.
- Work with Product, Tech, and Ops teams to ensure applications are tested to the defined acceptance level.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
Java, Groovy, Grails, NodeJS, React, Python, Swift, Kotlin, RabbitMQ, Postgres, AWS, ELK, Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- You have hands-on experience in testing mobile apps.
- You have experience with testing on various environments such as test and UAT.
- You have previously use Xcode/Android studio, Espresso, Charles Proxy, or any other proxy tool.
- You had exposure to automated testing tools, e.g., Protractor, Test sigma, Katalon Studio, Selenium, Cucumber.
- You are passionate about all things mobile and apps.
- You are pragmatic when raising bugs and understand the difference between quality and meeting release deadlines.
- You are a clear communicator, fluent in English.
- You can think holistically and maintain focus on small intricate details essential for the high-impact role you will play at Tymit.
- You are a great achiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA with the desire to solve problems while wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for FinTech.
Compensation & Perks
💰The salary range of this role is 35,000 – 50,000€ per annum depending on experience.
🏝25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, travelling to our Madrid Office when required.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our office in Avenida America - Postpandeminc.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45/60 min. phone call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. video-call with Fran, Platform Lead. Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
60 min. video-call with Toni, Senior Software Engineer (iOS) and Juan, Senior Software Engineer (Android). Technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
60 min. video-call with Angela and Lilia, both QA Engineers. Introduction to your future team to get a sense of Tymit’s culture.
60 min. video-call with Nico, CTO and Co-Founder of Tymit. Understand the business future and help you to envision yourself at Tymit.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users.
If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.