As QA Engineer at Ohpen you will focus on building and extending our test cases for our test automation framework. You’ll be one of the first of several new QA Automation Engineers working side by side with our developers. While the teams build new functionalities and deliver with continuous integration, you will design and set up new automated test suites (automated test preparation), selecting and expanding with the latest tools and effective solutions for automation. We have several different applications with a slightly different technology stack that require test automation; all our services run at AWS and test automation for continuous deployment is our goal, a challenge awaits you!
- Improve and automate test strategies and software configurations;
- Automation of recurring test cases (including API testing);
- Translate business requirements and objectives to test cases;
- Validate modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards;
- Work with Functional Tester to expand test cases to ensure technical test surface coverage;
- Write automated test script elements and manage test script structure and maintainability;
- Participate in team sprint planning, delivery, and review.
At Ohpen the technology stack is based around .NET and MySQL running in the AWS cloud, so a background in and experience with C#, .NET, working with MySQL Server is a big plus. However it has been proven that your experience in other programming languages can also be a good start to work with our developers. We are true collaborators and also expect you to share your knowledge in sprint reviews, documentation, and knowledge sharing sessions; in return you’ll be immersed in an environment that supports your ideas, creative problem-solving, and intellect. Your profile:
- QA automation specialist professional with 3+ years of experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/knowledge;
- Experience testing SaaS API and Web services;
- Experience writing complex automated tests for web applications using SOAPUI or a comparable tool;
- Experience with Jenkins or comparable tool;
- Programming skills in C#, or comparable language;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English) as well as interpersonal skills;
- API test tools and web services knowledge (SOAP, REST);
- High degree of efficiency and motivation.