In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
At Packlink Engineering team we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our product and systems. You'll find a friendly and welcoming work environment.
You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their careers. To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
What you’ll find is
- Microservices, microservices, and microservices, with more than 40 in production
- More than 3.4K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- Docker containers from your local environment until production.
- DevOps mentality
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
You will be part of the QA Area with passion for new technologies. Members of the QA Area are distributed into teams.
Day to day tasks include:
- TestCase implementation inside the E2E Automation framework
- Define a Test Strategy
- API testing
- Contract testing
- Resilience testing (Load, Spike, Stress Testing, etc.)
- Static Analysis
- Risks Analysis
- Test Data
- Research about Analyze new tools and trends in the testing environment.
So your daily job will be based on helping your team to achieve high levels of quality in terms of product and process, and contribute to the QA area through the initiatives in scope.
What we are looking for:
- Work permit for Spain or member of the EU.
- 3+ years of real, hands-on experience in a Web automation project with Selenium WebDriver or similar.
- Experience with at least one programming language.
- Experience with BDD.
- Experience in writing clear and concise test plans.
- Familiar with JIRA.
- Experience with GIT and code review procedure.
- Strong attention to detail and good detection of unhappy path scenarios or corner-cases.
- Familiar with static code analysis tools like Sonar.
- Good understanding of software fundamentals including software design and data structures.
- Knowledge of testing concepts as white box and black box testing, regression testing, performance testing, etc.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, the ability to read in English is needed.
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
I’d be great if you have:
- Experience with E2E front end test framework such as Selenium, Nightwatch, Puppeteer, Cypress, Mocha, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies.
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, etc.)
What we offer:
- ✔️ Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: From 40K to 50k
- 📙 Personal Training Budget. Up to 2000€/year training budget (certifications, conferences attendance…) for investing in your professional development. We want to help you to improve your technical skills, feel involved in the tech community, and develop your soft skills in order to lead teams or manage other stakeholders.
- 🗺️ Languages classes on a weekly basis. Thirsty of knowledge? Learn a new language by joining our free English/Spanish/French classes. In groups of 4-5 people, you can connect and enjoy learning your favorite language with one of our great coaches.
- 📈 Engineering Career Path. A career growth plan, created by engineers for engineers. You can check it in our blog (https://medium.com/packlinkeng/the-path-to-our-career-path-8781e4565ae3)
- 📖 Learning weekly initiatives. Share is caring, join us for our weekly Learning Meetings. Be the driver or the attendant, you choose!
- 💬 Be an active part of the tech community. Opportunity to attend and participate in local and international technological events. We are doing really cool things and we feel really proud to share them!
- 👕 Our culture is our aim to be: A young and upbeat work environment. Leave your suit behind; we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place.
- 🌍 International environment for developing your cross-cultural skills. A truly international team: 10 languages, 15 nationalities working in the same company. Also, our company language is English and all internal communication and open meetings are in English.
- 💻 Configure your workstation. Whether you prefer Mac or Linux (or Windows…), 1 additional screen or 2… enjoy your brand-new work from home set-up essentials.
- 🏡 We like overcoming barriers, bring your talent and work from home. (After COVID situation, now we are fully remote). We are able to look for the best combination of remote and office-days. From 3 days WFH per week up to 3 days per month working in the office with your team we are happy to configure your perfect scheme.
- ⚖️ Work-life balance. If you have kids or you want to go to the gym at the morning… Your work-life balance is really important for us! Our work-time scheme is flexible and you only need to share your preferences with your manager. We will find the best fit for you!
- 🏐 Health and Wellness. We care about you! You can choose between the gym membership, physiotherapy sessions or private health insurance, 100% free! Also, we have psychological assistance free of charge.
- 🏟️ Company events. Work hard, play hard! We do our best every day even in our regular team-building events. Now it will be remote but we hope to come back again!
- 💰 Flexible Salary. We work with Cobee in order to save taxes with our reflex plan: transport, restaurant and kindergarten.
- 💸 Great and transparent compensation policy. We included the salary ranges in all job offers in order to be clear about our expectations. In addition, we will discuss this range with you in the first recruiting call to assure that we are aligned.