We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our exciting and dynamic team in the Barcelona offices.
The purpose of the QA role is to be an ambassador of quality working with a cross-functional development team, and own the creation and execution of test plans, using the correct tools, processes and practices.
CMP Group is a friendly, progressive company that understands the importance of the work/play ratio. So, hang out with us on our terrace, where you can relax or play ping pong. Join us for barbecues, nights out and winter ski trips. Exchange ideas with people from all aspects of our business to help encourage new ideas and out of the box thinking. Come and work in an environment that encourages your growth as a developer by investing in conferences and workshops and always encouraging you to learn new things!
- Own and develop the QA solutions for the programmes of work you are aligned to.
- Be responsible of the quality delivered within the product.
- Actively undertake sprint tasks – these include:
- Support the development of test plans.
- Creation of tests.
- Review user stories, code and tests.
- Execute tests at all stages of the lifecycle.
- Support developers in understanding how to write more testable and robust code and software with the appropriate level of quality.
- Collaboratively work across all areas of IT development, actively liaising with developers and business stakeholders to improve overall quality and performance.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to your development team around strategies and production deployment plans with the team ensuring high availability of service.
- Seek out ideas and techniques in the community.
- Must be fluent in English.
- 1+ years of experience in QA.
- Experience testing of APIs, Web Services and Backend Services.
- Ability to understand software architecture and the implications that this has on testing.
- Excellent bug reporting.
- EU working permit
- Knowledge on test automation.
- Knowledge on performing queries on SQL databases.
- Knowledge on BDD and TDD tools.
- Previous experience working on Linux environments.
- Previous experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Previous experience in working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Permanent contract.
- Flexible working hours.
- 23 days of vacation, plus flexible bank holidays.
- Continuous training and free English and/or Spanish classes.
- Company sponsored events: industry meet-ups through the Summer; company-wide retreat (Caribbean in 2015; Sardinia Island in 2016); office ski trip in winter.
- Apple work equipment.
- Private health insurance.
- Paid lunches.
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus.
- Monthly tech "freestyle" days - tech team members decide what they want to work on and do it.
- Interesting projects and working with latest technologies.
- Big terrace with ping pong and kicker tables, as well as many drinks and snacks.