Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team
The Mission and Operations (M&O) team is responsible for the in-orbit operations of the company’s satellite constellation. We oversee the entire operation from launch, commissioning, day-to-day operations, and decommissioning of the satellites. For day-to-day operations, we provide user interfaces to request data (imagery, experiments, etc.) and we handle the planning optimization , collection and download of the requested data. On top of that, we make sure that our satellites are in the correct orbits, out of collision courses, healthy, and up-to-date with the latest software upgrades coming from the engineering teams.
Within M&O, the Data Collection team (DCT) is responsible to maximize satellite constellation availability and reliability by means of maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrades, and constant monitoring of the satellites health and performance. To do so, the team develops and executes maintenance procedures and automatic monitoring software systems. Also, the team is responsible for the commissioning of new satellites after every launch. and the execution of in-orbit testing of new features. Within DCT, the Software team is responsible for developing and maintaining mission critical software tools with high availability requirements that enable automatic and seamless monitoring and maintenance of an ever growing constellation of satellites.
About the position
As a Python Developer you will be part of the Data Collection Team, working next to Operators and Flight Engineers in order to automate their tasks and provide them APIs, libraries, tools and systems to be able to operate our extremely growing satellite fleet 24/7.
The main activities related to the Python Developer role are:
- Design, develop and support software tools that help monitoring, operation and maintenance of our fleet.
- Design, develop and support the external APIs to interact with other teams within the company or 3rd party applications.
- Design, develop and support the internal APIs that internal groups use to perform monitoring and maintenance on the in-orbit satellites.
- Identify and suggest opportunities to improve efficiency and functionality.
- Work side-by-side with the Operators (the team responsible to monitor the fleet 24/7) to understand their problems and provide solutions that simplify their work and maximize reliability and availability of the fleet.
- Work side-by-side with Flight Engineers to design tools to automate maintenance procedures on our satellites and quality assurance processes of the imagery we deliver.
- Mitigate service malfunctions, promptly raising the issue with the rest of the team if needed.
- Eventual participation in Data Collection Team on-call rotations with the goal of ensuring high reliability and availability of our production infrastructure.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Montevideo, Barcelona, Tel Aviv.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering skills in Python/Django.
- Solid coding practices and design patterns.
- Experience developing and consuming APIs.
- Experience with Python testing frameworks.
- Purpose driven and results oriented.
- Fluent in English.
- Good communication skills, open minded and teamwork player.
What we value
- Experience with:
- ETL frameworks (Apache Airflow).
- Elastic stack and InfluxDB.
- CI/CD processes and development.
- Git repositories (Gitlab, Github).
- Production infrastructure, *nix.
- Monitoring and alerting systems.
- Containers, infrastructure as code and cloud providers (Azure, AWS).
- Familiarity with agile best practices.
- Focus on Operation: Attitude to help fixing mission critical problems.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.
Please specify your pronouns following your name on the application.