Jobandtalent is a leading on-demand staffing marketplace, being the first business that integrates the complete process of selecting, hiring and managing the workforce all within a mobile app. The automation of this process, and our proprietary “matching technology”, allows us to offer a faster and higher-quality service, at a much more competitive rate as compared to the rest of the traditional industry players.
We currently have offices located in the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, and Colombia, with plans to expand to France and Italy by the end of the year.
Working at Jobandtalent
Our culture is defined by the exceptional people who work with us. An environment based on trust, transparency, team collaboration and continuous improvement.
Every Jobandtalent employee enjoys great responsibility but also enjoys the flexibility and the opportunity to develop their creativity. We have a saying: “move fast and break things”, so we prefer to make mistakes than to lose an opportunity.
There are no internal barriers, hence, from engineers to commercials, everyone is encouraged to interact together in order to achieve better ideas. Flat organization and multidisciplinary teams are just some of the structures that define the working environment at Jobandtalent.
The great advantage of working with us is to enjoy the work environment we have created: Common areas to rest, think, talk and our special “update” on Fridays where we will be talking about our recent goals, accomplishments, how we look and future plans for the company. All of this with a meal for all the employees courtesy of the company.
We want to continue growing hand in hand with talented people. We are looking for a person with working knowledge to join our team.
Jobandtalent Data Engineer
We are seeking a Data Engineer for the Data Science team (see the JT Engineering Blog about our search engine and our data infrastructure) to see what we do). The ideal candidate should have a deep interest in creating clean and solid Data Processing Pipelines for our ETL framework written in Python.
Our ETL infrastructure plays a key role for the entire company:
- Makes possible to have a fast and reliable dashboard framework, that shows metrics to all the departments of Jobandtalent.
- Allows our BI and Data Analysts to investigate on a cleaned and pre-processed source of information, reducing the possibilities of mistakes and inconsistent calculations.
- Automatize different processes that permits our Operations, all around the world, to create unique values to our clients and customers.
- Automatize the training, building and deployment of a series of Machine Learning algorithms that are used for very different applications.
You will be working in the Data Science team, together with Full-stack Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
- Working on our ETL platform (Python), building data processing pipeline in an automatized way.
- Investigate and evaluate different "data solutions", understand when one infrastructure is better than another one (e.g., ClickHouse could be a better DB than Postgres for aggregated analysis, a Spark task should drastically improve performance for a specific goal, etc.).
- [optional] Working on data analysis (SQL/Python/Excel), retrieving data from different sources, performing some data investigations, getting insights, making some hypothesis, proving them, etc.
- [optional] Working on data visualization, preparing the visualization and/or reports that help prove/disprove the hypothesis with the insights extracted from the data.
- [optional] Working on Machine Learning algorithms, solving supervised and unsupervised problems.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Engineering, Stats or Quantitative field.
- Previous experience working with ETL and Data Pre-processing or Data Analyst.
- Experience with different kind of databases (RDBMS, NoSQL, Big-data systems...).
- Experience optimizing database performance and database best practices.
- Proven experience programming in Python.
- A plus if skilled programmer (e.g., unittest, production/staging experience).
- A plus if demonstrable proficiency in statistics and predictive models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- A valid work permit to be employed in Spain.
- Fluent in English is a must.
What we offer
- Working in the wonderful city of Barcelona
- A shiny MacBookPro / Linux machine
- Everything that you work on here and implement will play an important part in impacting how people get a job and in the market in general, making it a super rewarding place to work.
- Flexible working hours & remote working
- Competitive salary in the 35k-55k range depending on experience
- Equity package
- Discount on Health insurance
- Yearly conferences / meetup / events budget
- Free fruit, free drinks and free lunch on Fridays! (and of course free coffee 24/7)
- Learn from some of the greatest Engineers, Designers & Product people in Spain
- You will be building solutions to problems that have not been solved before.
Join us in one of the hottest startups of Spain, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!