Worldsensing products have been pioneering the industrial IoT since 2008. We’re looking for a stand-out project manager to join the Project and Product department in our Barcelona office.
Founded in 2008, Worldsensing works with more than 300 engineering partners worldwide to improve geotechnical, geospatial and structural monitoring in mining, construction, rail and critical infrastructure management.
With over 1,000 monitoring networks deployed worldwide and connecting over 65,000 sensors to the Internet of Things, our solution is the leader in the IoT remote monitoring space. We’re looking for an experienced, energetic project manager to manage a range of European funded projects to ensure compliance with given obligations and occasional customer projects for proof of concept developments that may lead to commercial products.
Our monitoring solution includes best-in-class edge devices and LoRa-based connectivity products. We also join forces with key industry players to offer software applications and solutions which engineering service providers use to add value to end customers.
Key data about the role:
Department: Project & Product
Reports to: CPMO (initially)
The Mission: help the company to boost its growth strategy by implementing internal projects with key partners and customers by managing ongoing European/National Projects (H2020, etc.) and customer oriented developments in collaboration with internal departments of the company.
Outcomes: The candidate must be able to define the scope of multiple diverse projects, plan activities, prepare documentation, deliver demos/prototypes/products/solutions and cooperate with Engineers during project implementation. The candidate will need to coordinate with the teams allocated to the projects.
- Coordinate the projects and execute the management tasks including documentation, reporting and cash collection;
- Act as Stakeholder of internal and funding projects;
- Organize project meetings and give presentations at industry events and meetings;
- Define strategies regarding future innovation and product updates;
- Implement an appropriate strategy for cost control and use of resources for the projects;
- Participate in working groups and represent the company in becoming a recognized leader in the market;
- Understand the main drivers of the market and influence key stakeholder and decision makers to adopt Worldsensing technology.
- Several years experience in an ICT business as an Innovation Project Manager or similar (+5 years);
- Several years experience in an ICT business as Developer or similar (+5 years);
- Fluent in English (excellence in written and spoken);
- A qualification in a project management discipline and/or membership of an appropriate professional body is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in technical development will be required.
- Telecommunication/electronics or IT degree is a plus;
- Experience in the mining sector - highly desirable;
- Availability to travel for at least 30% of the time (clear restriction with COVID);
- Ability to direct teams of engineers;
- Organized, flexible and proactive.
Tenacious; diligent; attention to detail; ability to create and maintain a large amount of documentation; leadership of teams and achievement of objectives through others; planning; proactive.
- Great work environment: we are a passionate, tight-knit team hailing from 20+ countries.
- We are a family-friendly company and support a healthy work-life balance, we’re outcome oriented.
- We like grabbing lunch or a drink together, and coming together for fun events organized by Worldsensing (COVID-permitting).
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing initiatives or transversal committees (communities, show and tell, etc.).
- You can expect a competitive compensation package.
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping and pioneering the Industrial Internet.
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.