We are searching for a project/operations manager that will be a key figure managing our ongoing projects and relationships, and making our work and services known to potential clients and the community. You will also manage our Decidim-related projects, from definition to implementation and support.
We are a small design and tech consultancy building digital products. We do projects around digital strategy, UX, (open) data, visualization… We work together with organizations to define their digital presence and tell their stories with great UX, data visualization and fine code.
We are also building our own product: Gobierto, an open source open government platform to enable public administrations to launch engaging, beautiful and data-centric transparency, participation and accountability initiatives to better connect with their constituents.
- open: source, data, knowledge
- balance: design your work schedule around your life, not the other way round
- communication: remote-first approach. Good & orderly written communication > meetings > real time interruptions
- quality: pride in process and results
- independence: responsibility for your own work, not micromanaging
- Project Management Project planning and control, client support…
- Proposals: Creation and followup of proposals, estimates and budgets; Management and execution of procurement processes
- Participation: Definition and management of citizen participation projects based on Decidim (also Consul)
- Communications: Show our work through innovative and creative ways (ie. ConversacionesGobierto), on top of blog posts, case studies, public talks…
- Training and documentation: document and train clients in the projects we develop
- Outreach: Present Gobierto and Populate product and service portfolio to potential leads (companies, ngos, public administrations and government: city councils, provinces, regions…);
- Strategy and definition: Ideally, you contribute to the definition and strategy of projects (or can develop this competency): special consultancy projects, Gobierto product definition…
Your first week
(in no particular order)
- Meet the team and set up your tools
- Browser our internal doc wiki to check out how we work, where to find things, etc.
- Check documentation and proposals about some projects to get a grip on how we work
- Understand the priorities and projects of the next months
- Participate in client meetings and work on some proposals
Your first quarter
- Master all of our internal tools and processes
- Are already in control of our ongoing projects
- Contributed to several proposals and have lead some of them from end-to-end
- Proposed the first initiatives regarding communications and outreach, and have tested some
- Helped customers with their Decidim projects
- Interacted with the Decidim community to see how features requested by our clients fit in the official roadmap
Your first year
- Are our lead project manager
- Managed various Decidim projects from definition to implementation
- Defined several successful communication initiaves
- Established strong relationships with our clients
- Participated in consultancy projects
- Identified clients and projects to expand business, and have successfully established contact
This role is for you if you…
- You want to work on meaningful projects around civic engagement, open data, participation and accountability
- Are looking for a stable job in a rewarding environment, with mission-driven projects, where you’ll spend your next few years
- Value a work environment which strives for excellence, from process to results, from design to code
- Prioritize understanding and analyzing problems to come up with effective solutions
- Can manage the status of several projects at different stages, coordinating the team and creating strong relationships with clients
- Are fluent in written and spoken English
- Are experienced with Decidim
Bonus points (not a strong requirement)
- Have experience working with public administrations in Spain
- Speak Catalan
- Remote, mixed or onsite: some of us works regularly in our sunny Madrid office, others are fully remote (within Spain), others mix. You are free to choose your place of work.
- Flexible schedule and hours: You design your work schedule around your life, not the other way round.
- Events: We get together a few time a years to work, share and have fun (this was before certain pandemic, let’s see what 2021 bring us!)
- Choose your hardware & software: Linux, Mac… your choice
- Education & Conferences stipend
- Indefinite contract
Salary range for this position is 24.000 - 36.000 € depending on experience, with a 5-10% yearly bonus according to your performance and company results. Yearly salary revisions.
- You take some time to write the application (two questions to show your motivations on the role)
- We look at your portfolio
- We do a short chat over the phone. Do a longer one if everything is fine
- If we want you to join us, we’ll make a salary proposal
- Paid project:
- we want to test the relationship before committing full time so we (you and us) are sure it’s a good fit. Changing jobs is stressful and time consuming and we don’t want to lose anybody’s time.
- we’ll propose a project of around 20-40 hours so you can combine it with your current job. We agree on the fee and you complete it when you can, without stress (2-3 weeks, but we are flexible and we can define an agreement based on personal circumstances)
- alternately, you can do this project in the office
- we pay you this project, no matter what
- If project is OK, everything is ready ;)
We'll only consider applications that take the time to answer all questions ;)