We are looking for a passionate and optimistic developer who will be primarily responsible for developing and owning the Storyscript language. This position is reserved for a unique individual that believes and wishes to guide what we believe to be the future of programming.
We are accepting all level of applicants. Straight out of university to 15+ year experience.
Remote possible under special conditions.
VISA-included to live in Netherlands.
Storyscript is the future of programming. The polyglot, cloud-native language complete with a marketplace, runtime, tooling focused on one single goal: simplify development to bring the power of coding to a billion people.
We are a team of diverse engineers that empathize with engineering struggles; seeking to solve the biggest issues.
1. Development is riddled with unnecessary and accidentally complexity. We waste far too much time on boilerplate code, deployment headaches and bugs.
2. Development is too hard. The cost of entry is far too great to get even a simple http-server running.
3. Development is not focused on what matters most: business-logic. Everything else is noise.
From our perspective the industry is mostly moving horizontal. Many companies are single features of a bigger picture. We believe Storyscript is the bridge to unite the tribes of developers, usher companies into the power of distributed microservices/serverless, and bring the power of coding to all. The industry is mostly moving horizontal; most companies building businesses around a single-features. Storyscript is a platform to build businesses on and composed of all the features necessary to focus on the story that makes your business unique: the way you move data, your business-logic, your Story.
❤️ We hire passionate and empathy-driven humans.
🎉 Open source software & proud member of the CNCF / Linux Foundation
* Growth; A strong desire to learn, try new things, and challenge yourself.
* Open-minded; LGBTQ-friendly, non-judgemental, eager to embrace others cultures, and out-of-the-box thinking.
* Optimistic; be kind to life and life will be kind to you.
* Truth seeker; you put your pride aside and seek the truth above all because facts > opinions. Ask questions first.
* Transparency; communicate, strong team bonding comes from being transparent with communication.
* Balanced; find the balance in the force. A good work-life balance keeps you focused and excited.
* Passionate; clearly excited about what Storyscript is working on.
* Experienced in many different paradigms of programming.
* Familiar with EBNF grammar.
* Experience building their own DSL (preferable but not required).
* Ensure high code quality.
* Ensure well documented decisions and code comments.
* Ask questions. Plan the implementation. Execute. Fail. Repeat. Don't just throw code against the wall.
* Take ownership over the work you do and be involved in improve the quality and fixing the bugs.
* Push the needle. Don't move the product horizontal by focusing on delivering value.
* Design with sustainability and readability-first.
* Be a customer and listen to other customers. Use Storyscript to build Storyscript.
* Contribute to a product on a bold mission.
* Grow your soft and hard skills with a diverse team of skill, background, ethnicity and life-style.
* Family is always first.
* Take holidays as needed.
* Don't be 9-5. Work when you are most effective.
* Amsterdam is a loving, kind, fun, exciting, beautiful, and thriving city to live and call home.
* Dutch healthcare is fantastic! Included in salary.