Imagine a workplace which encourages you to take on responsibility and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine a fast-paced environment where your performance makes a difference. This is TrustYou! We are looking for adventurers to join our smart and inspiring team in Madrid, Munich or Cluj-Napoca with the possibility to work in the TrustYou office or remotely in these countries (Spain, Germany or Romania).
The TrustYou Guest Feedback Platform is used by more than 50,000 hotels worldwide to consolidate and analyze guest feedback. Within one tool, our clients get an overview of all reviews from Booking.com, Google, TripAdvisor, and are able to drill down into insights extracted from the text via TrustYou’s NLP capabilities. Our product also has real-time communication features, allowing guests to message the hotel reception while they are at the hotel.
Development teams in TrustYou are self sufficient teams responsible for delivering features to production. As a Backend Engineer you will be part of the Messaging Team and you will work directly with the Product Manager and other stakeholders to deliver new features, in the form of APIs and services.
We expect you to be a FullStack developer who pays special attention to code quality and SOLID design principles. You will have the chance to work with many technologies, paying special attention to code quality.
What challenges await you?
- Ship data-intensive APIs used by TrustYou partners to enable them in creating awesome experiences for their hotels.
- Take responsibility for planning and designing software within a small team.
- Design database schemata and optimize queries.
What do we expect from you?
- Mastery of Ruby and Rails
- 3+ years experience implementing beautiful and scalable web applications.
- Working knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL).
- Good understanding of object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- Willingness to follow TDD
- Knowledge of Elixir is a big plus.
- Fluent in English.
What do we offer?
- A highly international & entrepreneurial environment (flat hierarchies, short decision paths…)
- We are agile enthusiasts and love continuous improvement
- Excellent onboarding programs
- Spend up to 5% of your working time for your professional & personal development
- Great leadership & support
- Flexible working hours / Options to work remotely
- Attendance to conferences and courses
- German or English classes