Hi, we're UserZoom - nice to meet you! If you’ve never heard of us before, we help companies get the user experience (UX) insights they need to deliver great digital experiences at scale through our all-in-one software platform (both web and mobile) and professional services teams.
We believe that every company will soon be a digital experience company, and we want to help make those digital experiences better. We do this by providing UX insights to some of the biggest brands in the world so they, in turn, can improve the experience they give their customers.
Check out more info here: www.userzoom.com
As part of the Engineering Team, you will have a great opportunity to contribute to building on our SaaS platform. Working alongside our global team (our UZ family can be found in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland) you will be responsible for creating something truly amazing - the UX industry is an exciting place to be right now. As UserZoom grows, so does our focus on your career and personal development. And more importantly, the team here at UserZoom is like a family - we're both supportive and welcoming of new team members, with plenty of Zoom social events (if you like to get involved).
This is what you'll be doing . . .
- Overseeing development stages, following the progress of work and addressing production issues during sprints.
- Managing a well-defined project management process, and championing ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Being the spokesperson for the Product in Engineering.
- Keeping context and consistency of new & existing features.
- Collaborating with the Team to bring solid increments to production.
- Refining and prioritizing the backlog.
- Being a critical referent for the product under work, able to defend & discuss proposals with managers and teammates.
- Supporting the Product Manager in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Developing user stories and defining acceptance criteria.
- Setting sprint goals, aligned with the Product roadmap.
- Communicating and documenting features, so they can optimally go through building phases.
- Collaborating in defining acceptance tests.
- Being an active player while building, able to take and/or clarify the most difficult aspects.
- Planning releases and upgrades with the team.
A few things we require for this position . . .
- You have 3+ years of work experience as an Engineering Manager, Product Owner or a similar role in project management of software development.
- You love to take ownership of features and look after them on their way to becoming real.
- You are committed to quality solutions, with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- You are familiar with Agile practices and tools, such as Jira/Aha/Greenhooper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent.
- You have hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle.
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- You are able to evaluate product progress at each iteration.
- You speak fluent English and Spanish
- You have team spirit and good communication abilities.
- You are able to promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution.
- You are eager to learn, screen those learnings and apply the best suited.
- You have good organizational & time management skills.
A few things that would be valuable for this position . . .
- SaaS experience in companies responsible for their own product.
- Interest in scaling agile, by learning and adapting through daily challenges.
- Experience in different Agile scenarios & practices.
- Experience analyzing project/team KPIs, metrics or OKRs.
- Overall understanding of cloud & distributed technologies used in the product.
- Career path
- Birthday as an additional holiday
- Spanish/ English lessons
- Referral program
- Flexible retribution
- (Zoom) Team building activities
- Flexible working hours
- Private Health insurance (AXA)
- Training & development program
- International working environment
We seek insight from all people
At UserZoom, we're all about recognising the insights that different people bring to our company - it's what makes us so successful. We know the value and innovation a diverse group of people can create and that's why building a diverse team is a priority for us, regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective.
We're on a continuous journey to improve how we recognise & evaluate each person's skills and how each individual can enhance our culture & values. We are committed to being consistent in how we shortlist, assess, hire, onboard, reward and promote based on merit.