We are building TravelPerk to disrupt the way that organizations budget, book and manage their business travel. We offer a unique dynamic budgeting algorithm, incentives for employees to save, as well as reporting, dashboards, expense integrations, flexible payments and more, all within a single easy-to-use platform and at no cost to the user.
About the Product Owner role
Bridging the technical and business worlds, you will work with colleagues across our businesses to develop and deliver your products’ roadmaps.
You’ll be someone who loves speaking to customer, making things happen and gets excited about identifying and delivering simple solutions to complex problems, at pace. As a product owner at TravelPerk, you will be a key part of shaping the future of our organization and the Business Travel industry.
- Launch new products and enhance existing products.
- Making (data driven) product decisions based on company strategy, UX guidelines taking into account the technical constraints.
- Deeply understand our customers’ needs and gather requirements by speaking directly to end users; act internally as the advocate of our users.
- Make sure that backlog is prepared for next sprint.
- Coordinate and communicate decision making process with all the stakeholders.
- Represent the company at product events.
- At least 5 years experience as Product Owner, both in startup environment and in more mature fast-growing, tech companies.
- Technical background- You can understand and lead a technical discussion.
- Experience with agile product development.
- Experience writing detailed user stories.
- Able to make fast decisions and take responsibility for them.
- Detail oriented but able to see bigger picture.
- Data driven, gathering, understanding and communicating.
- The ability to manage upwards, communicating clearly and influencing a broad cross section of stakeholders.
- Being able to transfer the vision and motivate the development team.
- Flexible person, being able to adjust to changes.
- Great organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong sense of humor.
Bonus points for
- Experience in the travel industry.
- Technical / developer / QA background.
- Scrum master training.
- Experience with JIRA.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including base salary, bonus and equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to grow as a professional.
- Continuous learning is encouraged and you are more than welcome to dedicate time to learn things that interest you, even if they are not directly related to the day to day tasks .
- Be a part of creating the next big thing in Online Travel.
- This position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world.
- English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
The company is funded by a team of entrepreneurial executives with deep market expertise, including leadership-level experience, at one of the most successful players in the online travel industry.
Are you ready for your next trip? Next destination: TravelPerk!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!