We are looking for a Product Manager / Product Owner to complement our product management team, to lead the acquisition and centralization of data sources (first, second and third party data) and to support our AI capabilities through reliable data inputs / pipelines.
This is a unique opportunity to work in the team that builds our Artificial Intelligence Review Assistant (AIRA) - which has been featured on numerous news outlets.
- Create and own the data acquisition roadmap for our AIRA suite of products
- Discover new data sources that would bring value to our consumers
- Lead the acquisition of third party datasets, via data crawling initiatives, partnerships or engaging with vendors
- Perform cost-benefit analyses on acquiring a third party service or building an in-house solution
- Extend our current crawling capabilities to support multi source data crawling
- Build a strong logging and traceability process to ensure data lineage for all the incoming data sources
- Connect with our internal teams to get access to internal datasets generated by our Publishing Platform and our CRM
- Ensure proper integration of all acquired data sources in our data storage
- Work in close collaboration with our Data Consolidation team to craft appropriates data models and schemas
- Collaborate with data stakeholders to create access layers in our data platform and to enable surfacing data to internal consumers
- Proactively propose and lead cross-departmental initiatives related to our Objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Work with data scientists and data architects to ensure the most appropriate data structures are built and data quality is ensured
- Take responsibility for the user experience and collaborate with designers and stakeholders to create the best solutions
- Solid background of working as a Product Manager / Product Owner
- Prior experience with cloud data platforms, such as Databricks
- Data awareness and fluency, ability to deep dive into raw datasets to find key information that will enable you to make decisions for your product
- Strong analytical skills and independent, entrepreneurial approach
- Experience with software development and data processing
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Solid communication skills in English, both written and verbal are vital
- Statistical analysis and mathematical experience is welcome
- Previous experience with Salesforce projects
- Experience with defining technical specifications describing requirements for data transfer, transformation and storage, with attention to big data topics,
- Ability to understand and challenge architectural decisions
- Competitive salary.
- Participation in Frontiers annual bonus scheme
- 25 leave days + 4 well-being days (pro rata and expiring each year on 31st of December)
- Great work-life balance.
- Opportunity to work remotely
- English classes.
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher. We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability and we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.