Moodle with us!
We're the world's most popular learning platform and we’re on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle builds and maintains an open source learning management system, with over 100,000 registered sites and hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
We’ve built a passionate team of hard-working and driven people from all over the world, united by a shared belief in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference to our world. We respect our colleagues and value an open and innovative workplace, filled with integrity and of course a strong focus on education (yes, these are our company values!)
Find out more about us on our website.
We’re now seeking a dedicated Product Manager for our MoodleNet project. MoodleNet is a new component of the Moodle learning platform that focuses on the curation and sharing of open content. It is designed to be distributed among a number of installations that come together under a single search engine.
MoodleNet is open source, and uses a modern microservices-based design using GraphQL, Node.js, Typescript, ArangoDB, RabbitMQ etc, with a PWA front-end. It is in preliminary stages and will continue to evolve with your input. It is a great opportunity to demonstrate your practical knowledge and project management skills in this field with the mandate to create a platform on a global scale.
Note, this role can be based in Spain, the UK or Australia as a permanent opportunity, or anywhere in the world on a contractor basis!
What your new job can look like…
With the pace of Moodle, no two days will ever be the same! But most days will involve a mix of:
- Guiding the success of the MoodleNet project, implementing the product vision and strategy and aligning it with the overall company strategy;
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategy development, to implementation and ongoing release management;
- Engaging with the community, customers, Moodle Partners, sponsors, and broader markets to identify needs and industry challenges and increase overall engagement;
- Building, leading and inspiring a small development team.
We'd love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Strong experience as a technology Product Manager or similar role, with a solid understanding of software development;
- Experience with education and education technology, and a deep understanding of the users and the problems we are trying to solve;
- The ability to engage with and manage senior stakeholders across diverse business portfolios, with experience working with international teams and stakeholders located in other timezones
- Proven ability to create and manage product road maps maintaining a ‘customer first’ approach
- Experience in Agile and Scrum approaches.
Experience working with and maximising connections with Open Source communities as well as product design experience would be an advantage.
What's in it for you?
We’ve already talked about the importance we place on achieving our mission to empower educators to improve our world, our passion for our values and some of the cool things we are doing as a company.
So what about this?!
- You’ll work with an amazing team of Moodle experts, on a platform created for the most widely utilised LMS in the world;
- You’ll be working directly with our CEO & Founder, Martin Dougiamas, to build upon an innovative product;
- You’ll be able to work from home, or any location that suits you best, with lots of flexibility.
Does all this sound good? If yes…
- Click on the following link to apply
- Add your resume and anything else you'd like to add…
- Press send.
Moodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Moodle is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Moodle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Moodle will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Moodle encourages applicants of all ages.