We are passionate about music and technology. We operate in a growing
digital music ecosystem that is getting more and more complex, with
more players, revenue streams and diverging business models.
Our mission is to simplify life, facilitate the dissemination of music
masters & works, and optimise revenues for independent media creators
around the world.
Founded in 2006 as an independent digital distributor, we provide our
own tech solution for music distribution, catalogue management and
royalties collection. Throughout more than 10 years of experience, we
have implemented multiple services so we cover the whole range of
needs of the artist's community and the independent sector.
We believe real success starts and ends with hiring the very best
people, empowering them to get the job done, and making sure our team
has a whole lot of fun along the way!
The product manager will report to the Chief Product Officer and work closely with several departments that form the full SonoSuite team. He/she will play an important role in coordinating solutions between different stakeholders and functions in the company, from the analysis stage through the planning, prioritising, implementation and release.
As it is a role with great responsibility and diverse challenges, we offer an interesting and challenging position with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The product manager will be responsible for the why, when, and what questions in order to provide exceptional business value to clients, users, and other stakeholders.
This position includes close collaboration with our developers in order to constantly and efficiently work to improve our product, by establishing time schedules with the team as well as setting and following the progress of action items and project progress.
The main responsibilities of the product manager will be:
- Writing definition documents and tasks to support the product roadmap.
- Coordinating actions to fill the roadmap items with information from Engineering at all times.
- Making sure the daily efforts of the different teams are aligned with the roadmap.
- Being involved in all the branding and positioning of our product in the market - supervise the product online branding.
- Encouraging stakeholders to follow the process, and supervising it.
- Reviewing feature requests, taking actions and reporting to the relevant stakeholders.
- Assessing market competition by comparing our products offers to competitors' services on a regular basis. Maintaining an up to date document for the competitive landscape.
- Establishing metrics in the products, actively track them and propose actions / improvements / roadmap items based on the data analysis.
- Managing the efforts to create and maintain an official product documentation center and make the product behaviour clearer to all involved employees and partners.
- Managing the relationship with external partners, including our most important channels to keep our products optimal and up to date (Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Soundcloud and more).
- Sharing responsibilities with the product team when necessary or requested.
- 2 years of experience as a product manager / product owner.
- 5 year of experience working in the IT sector.
- Experience contributing and leading a documentation center.
- Excellent English level
- Solid understanding and demonstrated experience in Agile Project Management
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience prioritising projects.
- Any technical knowledge, from HTML/CSS to a deeper understanding of backend developments.
- Experience in enterprise-ready applications or SaaS
- Advanced Spanish level
- Relevant BA / MBA.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- You have a solution driven personality and a creative approach to problems with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- You have a results-driven and detail oriented approach.
- You have strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills, as well as a systematic mindset and strong time management skills.
- You are able to deeply understand business vision needs.
- You have a proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- You have a passion for music, technology and business.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Permanent contract.
- Office in the very center of Barcelona (plaza Urquinaona).
- Young and international environment.
- Benefit and incentives package.
We will be receiving and reviewing applications until the end of August. Interviews will start in September.