The Mission: We are looking for a well-seasoned Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
The Product Manager is responsible to set the long-term vision and strategy for the products under its responsibility, making sure that they support the company’s overall strategy and goals. He/she is also responsible to communicate this strategy to all of the relevant participants and stakeholders and ensure its execution throughout the Product life cycle.
Its activities range from market research, product and customer requirements, gathering and prioritization; defining the vision, value proposition and business strategy; generating the product requirements, roadmap and GoToMarket plan; and together with sales, marketing and support: ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Responsibilities and outcomes
- Define and own the product vision, strategy and roadmap. Conveying this vision and strategy to the rest of the company and creating buy-in both internally and externally with key partners and investors
- Become a lead user of the system with a solid understanding of customers, marketplace, competition and future trends. Identifying and filling product gaps and generating new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Develop the core positioning, messaging and value proposition for the product. Contributing to sales and marketing materials generation and ensuring that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Translate product strategy into roadmap, requirements and prototypes. Delivering MRDs and PIDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Set business strategy and pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples, perform product demos to customers and partners
- Define and lead the GoToMarket plan across several departments
- Propose an own and overall budget to ensure success. Allocate it with internal and external resources to maximize business and customer impact
- Act as a leader within the company. Representing the company when visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Product Manager with proven methodologies
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful software product throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - English & Spanish
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong problem solving skills and roll up sleeves attitude
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Great work environment
- Work-life balance
- Office amenities, i.e. fresh fruit and coffee
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing groups
- Internal activities (communities, tech chapters, show and tell, forums)
- Develop new ideas and really test them by participating in our annual Hackweeks
- Annual teamwork activities
- A diverse, international team
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping the Smart City ecosystem and pioneering the Industrial Internet
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.