Paack is one of the hottest technology start-ups in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015 by three Spanish friends and, since then, the company is experienced a strong global growth and presently operates in 70 cities across four countries. All of our success is backed by a number of renowned European investors. And this is just the start.
We believe that the future of eCommerce deliveries is customer controlled time-slots, combined with a nature-positive approach to sustainability. We are on a mission to make this the new standard.
Our truly customer-centric and sustainable delivery services ensure customers receive parcels at their convenience, at a time that suits them. Our proprietary technology combined with our operational excellence enables us to deliver parcels more successfully and efficiently than ever before.
This creates unprecedented results for our retail clients through customer experience, eCommerce sales increases, loyalty and retention, thus empowering them with powerful competitive advantages whilst at the same time reducing the impact of deliveries on the environment. The best retailers in the world, such as Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Ingles and many more choose Paack as their exclusive partner for deliveries due to these reasons.
Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are multicultural, multilingual, highly qualified, entrepreneurial and, inherently, we like to work hard. We enjoy all the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, and we face them with ambition.
The engineering team has a flat management structure. The teams are organized by products. Technical decisions are made as a team taking in the feedback and thought process of the engineers. Team members are free to move between different teams based on the feedback of their team members and status of their project.
We work from different locations across the globe in different time zones. We follow agile practices like sprint planning, daily standup and retrospectives through Slack and perform pair programming sessions and weekly engineering talks.
About the job
We are looking for junior and senior product managers to join our Product team. In this role, you will be responsible for one or more applications and drive strategy for your portfolio. You are a self-starter, curious and creative person with clear passion and ambition.
You will also be responsible for:
- Be a customer champion who understands end user problems as well as competitive and market trends in the last-mile delivery space.
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy.
- Effectively gather requirements from stakeholders and drive feature prioritisation.
- Partner with internal teams – across operations, sales, customer service – and retailers to prioritise high-impact requirements and friction points.
- Communicate product priorities internally within the business and externally to retailers.
- Implement a continuous feedback loop with major stakeholders.
- Author and collate feature requests from internal product development teams, retailers, internal stakeholders to assess against existing capabilities and shape the product roadmap.
- Engage closely with the engineering and delivery teams in the development of new features to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
- Build and maintain a development roadmap for your suite of products, ensuring priorities are identified.
- Write user stories, product requirements and specifications in collaboration with product stakeholders.
- Coordinate testing and implementation of new features with relevant business stakeholders (warehouse operations, retailers, etc.)
- Define and measure key metrics/objectives for long-term success of the product portfolio.
What are we looking for?
If you are a self-starter with good communication skills, used to work as a team player, a natural collaborator and a good vibes builder, then keep on reading…
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager in a technology-driven or an optimized operations/logistics environment.
- Strong client-facing interpersonal skills, adept at explaining and traversing from high-level concepts to low-level technical detail across highly complex applications.
- Proven experience of managing senior stakeholders across an organisation, often with competing aims, to achieve a clear and agreed roadmap.
- Proficient when it comes to agile practices and process.
- Previously an engineer, or a six-sigma operations expert who has switched to product management.
- Experience in B2B software development, logistics, deliveries, warehousing, ERPs, business rules-based applications a plus.
- Fluent English speaker, knowledge of Spanish a plus.
Because to lead the online market delivery revolution we need enthusiastic, energetic, and committed people. People, who also bring strong expertise in their professional area and have a learning mindset.
If you commit to bring all the above, we do commit to:
- A great project in a fast-growing start-up, which is revolutionizing last mile delivery in major European cities (London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, etc).
- A place for people to grow and build a successful career being part of a unique Team, both human and professional.
- Collaborative work environment, we are passionate about new ideas and suggestions.
- Permanent contract.
- Flexible remote work schedule.
Who will be part of your team?
Olivier Colinet (Chief Product & Technology Officer): ex-Googler and founding member of Google Cloud in EMEA.
Suraj Shirvankar (Chief Technology Officer): Paack co-founder.
Luis Camara (Head of Product): ex-British Airways, passionate about enterprise software (actually likes APIs) and foodie.
Jouderian Nobre (Frontend Lead): A frontend developer who tried different ends but now he’s happy doing pretty on the screen.
Gonzalo Serrano (Backend Lead): @Bcn_Eng community founder. @golangbcn meetup org. Previously at @lerningames, @socialpoint, @trovit. “En su cabeza era espectacular”.
Sound like a fit? Come and join our success. If you believe you have the capabilities to thrive in this role, then please submit your CV and any accompanying materials by completing the below.
Once we have reviewed your application and suitability, we’ll then be in touch to arrange a call as a next step. After which we’d invite you to visit us and meet the team. We thank you in advance.