Are you an IT professional looking to work in an international Silicon Valley environment with a no-nonsense approach? Is tech your sweet spot? Then keep reading!
The job in a nutshell
A Product Manager at Bloomreach is responsible for adding value to the Bloomreach products. He or she does that by managing the creation of product features or improvements from roadmap items, creating functional specifications, use cases and guiding and facilitating the engineering teams during the implementation phase.
Together with the Engineering team the Product Manager creates product backlog items in the form of product increments and writes stories for the team to work on. The Product Manager keeps track of the engineering backlogs and takes the role as Product Owner. All relevant information from other departments and external parties will be assembled to help the stakeholder team to make founded decisions.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Defines and maintains relevant product requirements
- Elaborates requirements by writing user stories together with the engineering team and creating mock-ups
- Collaborates closely with stakeholders, designers and engineers to make sure that requirements are understood and implemented correctly
- Assists in competitive analyses and keeps up to date with relevant market developments
- First point of contact for developers to answer functional questions about the product
- Fulfills the role of product owner for one or more teams
The ideal candidate has
- 2-3 years of total related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways, and complex issues with guidance from senior management
- Good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
- A good attention to detail; misses nothing, guides processes to timely conclusions in immediate work areas and checks with others for external impact. Escalates on quality problems. Finds root cause of problems
- Analytical skills and experience to take the right decision. Sets the example by taking (sometimes unpopular) decisions and communicating clearly
What we offer
A challenging position with lots of room for growth and support for personal and professional development. Work in the heart of Amsterdam with a team of fiercely intelligent, international coworkers and the world’s biggest brands. You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.
- Competitive money (including a yearly discretionary bonus)
- Working in the center of Amsterdam
- State of the art laptop of your choice (e.g. MacBook Pro/Lenovo P50)
- Stock options
- 50/50 pension scheme
- Fully reimbursed bike or public transport travel expenses
- Bi-weekly massages
- Focus on your development
- Water gun fights, summer parties, table football, bring your pet to work day, awesome lunch, etc.
You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.
Only applications of people with a valid working permit for the Netherlands are taken into consideration.