Idoven is on a mission to prevent heart disease with AI-powered cardiology. With our breakthrough technology to analyze the heart, we help find patients in need of treatment, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly and safely.
This is a unique opportunity. With the backing of top-tier global investors, including Insight Partners, Northzone and the European Commision (EIC and Horizon H2020), you'll have the responsibility and resources to shape the creation of a game-changing product that can save millions of lives.
Idoven has been honored with numerous awards, including recognition from UCSF as one of the the best new health applications of AI, CB Insight’s top 150 in digital health, the European Seal of Excellence, Best Startup at MEDICA (world’s largest medical event), Most Disruptive Startup and Best Health Startup at South Summit, and the Healthy Longevity Catalyst Award from the U.S. National Academy of Medicine.
We use a mix of tools in constant evolution; BigQuery, Cloud Run, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Petastore, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL. We live in the Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services, we use Terraform as infrastructure as code, and we orchestrate with a Kubernetes cluster. We have a decoupled architecture based on asynchronous APIs and services, and we work with React on frontend platforms (clients and admin), Native code in the mobile apps (Swift, Java/Kotlin) and Node, Python/Django on the backend.
What will you do
- Design and manage large-scale data systems and event-driven cloud technology, such as SaaS and PaaS services.
- Collaborate with product, clinical and regulatory experts to understand business needs and transform them into features (requirements) to feed Product backlog.
- Define and design internal services and data models to support internal business and R&D processes (including data science and data discovery activities).
- Define solutions with design documents, operation policy, and pipelines and automate them.
- Design microservice architecture, and pipeline DAGS (YAML), and implement them.
- Design data pipelines to support our applications, deployments, and integration projects.
- Manage bug fixing inside the development cycle.
- Define and implement agile software best practices, release management, CI/CD, code review, testing, and testing automation.
- Own significant parts of our service delivered to customers and have an impact.
- Stay aligned with the entire business, including domains outside of your team scope and contribute to all business strategy.
- Team Leadership for the Product Development team: work on having healthy and high performing teams by taking the actions needed to improve at all team level.
- Create safe environment, a culture of feedback, motivate the Product Development team to achieve their goals. Actively work on team members' delegation, conflict resolution and career development.
- Team mentorship. Help and inspire others.
- Working closely with the Leadership team.
What you need to succeed
- Graduate degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or engineering.
- Solid understanding of software engineering processes and driven to create a strong engineering culture.
- 7+ years of software development and information management experience.
- Previous experience with leading engineering projects end-to-end, from requirements to implementation.
- Ability to succeed with deadlines, OKRs, and ambitious goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding leadership skills with a solid ability to effectively create and communicate the vision and inspire and motivate staff.
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify opportunities to enhance revenue and/or reduce costs.
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies. Operationalize IT processes across the company. Determine where new development is required versus implementing present or near-future packaged solutions.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Couchbase, etc.
- Well-documented code and experience using traceability tools such as GitHub or GitLab.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning methodologies using Google Cloud and AWS.
- Consistently works strategically, influencing decisions to achieve organizational alignment on significant goals.
- Drive or facilitates organizational changes. Actively lead roadmaps mainly in their team, with product & business counterparts.
- Master team members in charge management including recruitment, giving and receiving feedback, career development, motivation, conflict resolution and in general all related to people matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology to business leaders, board members, and non-technical profiles
- Excellent level of English, both written and spoken (Spanish and a third language are highly appreciated).
🚀 Be part of one of the most disruptive startups in HealthTech and AI and make a difference
🏆 Personal and professional growth as part of a fast-growing, international team
🎧No corners cut in having the best tech equipment to do your job
🙋 Flexible remote working environment, where you can choose to work from home and come to our Madrid office whenever you want to
💸 Flexible Remuneration. We give you the flexibility to consume your benefits (from meals, transportation, kindergarten, training, and health insurance) directly from your payroll and receive tax benefits
😎 Regular team events and Thursday happy hours
And much more!
At IDOVEN, we believe in hiring top talented people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to make a difference in the world and have an impact.
Health & Fitness