At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment, putting the user at the center of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth, and we'll continue catering to them that way.
Compensation & Perks
💰 The salary range of this role is 40,000€ – 49,000€ per annum, depending on experience.
🏝 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, traveling to our offices when agreed with the team.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices - Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
About the role
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help design the future of Tymit. You will have the opportunity to work very closely with Product Designers, Product Manager, Engineers, and Founding Team based between Madrid and London.
We are passionate about designing experiences that help Tymit customers to have a flexible, safe, and honest credit experience to achieve better financial health and peace of mind.
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
About the culture
Be ready to join a company where collaboration is key. You will be expected to share knowledge and speak up, at the same time you have the ability to listen to others and consider their opinions. At Tymit we are also big fans of good atmosphere and humor, prepare yourself to receive a bunch of GIFs.
Our design team is a multidisciplinary team that practice human-centered design rooted in empathy and research, and we lead by example and with our values.
In this role, you will be part of the Customer Success squad, working on an important section within the Tymit app while helping shape our web internal tool.
As a Product Designer you will help us explore, design, and shape the vision for tools that empower our customers to get support and make Tymit even better and transparent.
In your day-to-day work, you will generate and explore ideas, conduct discovery or usability research, sketch out, design, test and ship high-quality features, partner with your peers to shape roadmaps and define goals for high-impact work.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Explore ideas through sketching, wireframes, and prototypes to validate interactions and designs.
- Uncover the features or improvements that would best serve the customers to manage their finance, contributing towards an ambitious vision and roadmap
- Engage directly with our users to test design solutions and get feedback. Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs, and use these insights to design a product that people love to use.
- Brainstorm and iterate with the wider Product team to help raise the bar on the whole Tymit user experience.
- Be obsessed with the details of visual and interaction design.
- Design visually compelling experiences for all users and contribute to the Tymit design language system (Faros)
- Articulate design decisions, create low-fi concepts to get stakeholder alignment before polishing with hi-fi prototypes for delivery.
- As part of the team you'll learn a lot of new things, and you'll be able to work on design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond, with the help and mentoring from someone from the team.
- Collaborate with other product designers across the organization with feedback during critiques and provide thoughtful contributions to the design team at large.
What you will bring along
- 1+ years of professional UX and product design experience.
- Experience with user research and prototyping.
- You have proven UI/UX design experience with a portfolio that demonstrates a meticulous, thoughtful approach and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of typography, information hierarchy, color, and other UI concerns.
- Deep understanding of and empathy for users and desire to create well-designed solutions for their use.
- Ability to multi-task, working to deadline across one or more projects.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excitement about learning new skills and exploring new interface paradigms.
- Love for what you do and the future of Fin-tech.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video-call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. video-call with Juan Pablo, Head of Design. Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
90 min. video-call with two Product Designers of our team. Technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
60 min. video-call with colleagues from other departaments that you will be working close in your day-to-day. Technical discussion with your future team and introduction to Tymit’s culture.
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users. If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.