About the company
Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small inexpensive satellites that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
About the job
You will be working with the product, design and engineering teams to support the design and development of our services to task, deliver and process satellite data and related analytics. You will be responsible for the end-to-end experience of our customers. You will have the opportunity to gain skills and hands-on knowledge about the earth observation, data science and artificial intelligence. You will be working with a disruptive business model searching for a total revolution within the geospatial market. You will work in a dynamic environment to deliver high quality results against demanding schedules. This position is based in Barcelona.
You must have proven experience designing digital products. You need to be experienced gathering and understanding customer requirements, analyzing existing market offerings and delivering products that meet the expectations and result in a positive experience. You actively find ways to improve processes and results, even when those go beyond your comfort zone. You need to understand the importance of visual communication and presentation for delivering information, and have a feel for aesthetics and state-of-the-art data visualization techniques, especially geospatial/location data. You are interested in process optimization, thinking out-of-the-box and solving complex problems. You have an interest in geospatial products. You enjoy working as a team.
- BS/MSc in Product Design, Design Engineering or other design related fields
- At least 3 years of experience as a digital product designer, backed by a solid portfolio.
- At least two full release cycles on digital products as responsible for experience and interface design, at least one of them being a product involving geospatial/location data
- Experience in app design both for mobile and web applications.
- Customer-driven data-intensive design shown through working examples
- Ability to interact with international teams and stakeholders, having great communication skills to translate product requirements to engineering teams
- Product communication through wireframe design
- English is required
- Graphic animation and illustration is a plus
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. In order to apply, send us your updated CV and a cover letter explaining your level of familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms and programming languages (both are required).