Make your mark in every business process by modernising bookkeeping with us. No business can run without creating invoices, paying providers and filing taxes - why is such a fundamental basic still difficult in 2018? We are proving it does not need to be.
Quipu is an invoicing and friendly accounting Software as a Service. It’s built for SMBs and designed to save our users time by automating workflows, using every possible touchpoint that a business and an accountant can have.
We are looking for you, our next Product Designer, to craft product experiences that match our customers’ needs and surpass their expectations to ultimately drive more engagement and feature adoption. Does it motivate you to find an effective solution to complex problems and transmit it through visual design? With two eyes on the business, you will further develop our product: Doing user research, analysing multiple data points and developing flows and wireframes, that later you will translate into stunning visual design.
What will you be working on?
You will work hand-in-hand with our product and development team, focused on creating a dedicated product for bookkeepers, from scratch, and improving the workflow between the end user and the bookkeeper.
Your challenge will be to introduce a layer of seamless communication, document exchange and automatic data processing backed by AI and Machine Learning, with the ultimate goal to eliminate errors, manual data processing and to empower bookkeepers to provide valuable advice to their customers above anything else.
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate with all departments to develop user stories and product specifications based on business and user requirements
- Develop user flows, wireframes and rapid prototypes
- Test with real users, conduct workshops and usability studies
- Turn low-fidelity wireframes or broad conceptual ideas into high-end design work product
- Communicate with the front-end development team continuously during development and testing
- Use Sketch, Axure, InVision Suite, Framer, Principle, or other prototyping tools, on a daily basis
- A/B test your designs constantly
- Evaluate your designs and learn with data-rich BI, analytics, customer success and support feedback and other plethora of tools available at your disposal.
What we are looking for in you:
- Demonstrable experience in designing user interfaces and graphics for web and mobile apps
- Awareness and understanding of UX concepts and best practices
- Strong creative vision and an instinctive sense of how to layout data and information
- Business focus and B2B experience
- Obsession for pixel-perfect design and rich internet applications
- Experience in data visualisation and dashboard design
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
- Ability to comfortably and articulately communicate concepts, ideas and decisions
- Expert level knowledge of Sketch
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS
What you will find at Quipu
- We offer the freedom to lead important and critical development parts of our product, not only translating requirements to products but also thinking about the big-picture. We expect incredible knowledge hunger too but, above all, critical thinking and the ability to take initiative.
- Provide you with continuous challenge and space for learning
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership of strategical projects
- Participation in the business and technological decision making
- Flexible schedule (but should be based in Barcelona)
- Benefit retribution plan including health insurance, public transport & meal tickets and subsidized gym membership
- Broad and diverse start-up ecosystem that provides much more than a job experience
- Other fun activities
- Ping pong championships - we have our own ping pong table at the office!
- Itnig Breakfasts every Tuesday
- Summer BBQs
- Team Lunch on Fridays
- Afterwork Beers
- Afterwork activities such as Laser tag, Poker, Table games or LAN Parties
- Conferences, events and workshops onsite
Don't miss the opportunity to contribute to our challenging project as part of a great team of developers!