Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 200 people from 44 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
At contentful we’re redesigning the way that digitally mature content teams create experiences. Our Content infrastructure will excel in terms of collaboration, connectivity & delivering intelligent content programmatically.
To achieve this there are many great design problems to solve; that’s why we’re building a world-class design & research team. Hence we are now looking for a second Design Manager to help lead the designers across different feature teams and help build on our strong design culture.
DAY TO DAY STUFF
- Lead & develop the product design team to make sure that we’re executing towards our vision.
- Be an advocate for service level thinking and help to mentor the organisation towards that objective.
- Be an expert in your ﬁeld, understanding the competitive business landscape and the changing market needs.
- Collaborate with the product management team to understand our users' needs, then working to ensure a smooth product development process, from discovery to delivery.
- Make sure the team is informed by research and is measuring the effectiveness of its design, whilst also understanding the why and customer value behind it.
- Balance strategic research with tactical design work within the product teams.
- Give feedback on work in progress. Ensure a high degree of quality, help and empower the team to grow and learn.
- Know how to balance customer needs with business goals and translate these into engaged and satisfied users.
- Already built a team that successfully launched great products, with proven experience leading designers, setting goals and creating plans to achieve them.
- Be an excellent communicator of design decisions and the rationale behind them.
- Experience using Service design methods and qualitative research.
- A strong design background, think deeply about product design quality and agile design processes.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience in working in a startup.
- Experience collaborating with in-house engineering and support.
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of web applications.
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required).
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!