After 4 years of intense research and product development on breakthrough digital mental health solutions; we launched as Koa Health in October 2020.
We are a digital mental health company bringing high-quality mental healthcare to people around the world. We launched our first commercial product in the US and UK in February 2020 (Foundations) and 2021 is filled with launching our regulated product, (Mindset), alongside developing a pipeline of clinical products.
Having recently secured a successful and oversubscribed Series A funding totalling $36m we are continuing to grow our global team. Read more about the funding and a little about our CEO via https://www.koahealth.com/blog-post/meet-koa-health
About The Role
You will define and guide the global product experience across our portfolio of digital mental health solutions, in order to radically improve access to mental health care through evidence-based digital technology.
You’ll work closely across multiple product teams to deliver best-in-class solutions that span from wellbeing to clinical treatment support to standalone digital therapeutics.
Further, you will build and nurture your team of amazing product designers, recruit new talent to boost our capabilities, and become a key voice for the design function at Koa Health.
- As a key leader in the company, you will be responsible for setting and evolving the product design vision and direction across our portfolio of mental health solutions
- Ensure alignment and delivery of coherent, supportive, and accessible experiences that will leave lasting positive impact on the lives of everyday individuals seeking to thrive in a complex world
- Balance the strategic and tactical needs of your team, including resource allocation, negotiating trade-off decisions, aligning the design roadmap with cross-functional stakeholders, and more
- Collaborate closely with user research, product management, engineering, copywriting, research and clinical teams to improve our understanding of customer and end-user needs and be a strong user advocate across the organization, always keeping in mind that our users include patients and clinicians
- Drive a high standard of design thinking and execution across teams, and encourage ways of scaling the impact of the design team through adherence to design principles, design system, and best practices
- Understand the overall business strategy in order to deliver product experiences that represent Koa’s unique perspective in the market
- Embrace and foster a user-centered design culture that emphasizes understanding customer and end-user needs as a primary driver of product direction using a combination of qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Lead, mentor, and grow a talented team of product designers
What You'll Need To Succeed
- 8+ years relevant design experience with 3+ years in leadership position(s) that included directly managing design team(s)
- Ability to drive product design evolution through research, data, and understanding of macro-level industry trends
- Experience developing, refining, and evolving designs based on user and market data, with a thorough understanding of implementation processes
- Track record of executing from concept to shipped product, ideally in a start-up environment
- Ability to influence stakeholders across an organization both with and without direct authority
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Experience attracting, hiring, mentoring, and retaining top design talent
- Ability to drive continuous improvement in processes, working closely with our quality team where appropriate
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Experience in digital healthcare / digital therapeutics is highly desirable
- Passionate about improving access to high-quality mental health care for all
- Experience implementing/scaling design systems and embedding design principles within an organization
- Advanced degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent experience
Koa Health Perks
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, such as:
- Complete flexibility – we’re hiring your skills and experience, so ask you to use these in the most effective way you can. At the moment we are mostly working from home, however post COVID 19 we’re happy to review this with you.
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills, we have regular catch up’s as a global team and have the opportunity to work cross functionally as needed.
- A fantastic salary package that includes: Generous Healthcare Benefits, Ticket Restaurant, Pension, Life Assurance and Share options – from the moment you join!
- Our Barcelona HQ is right by the beach!
An Inclusive Workplace
Koa Health is committed to workplace diversity and to cultivating, fostering and preserving a culture of inclusion. We believe that bringing our diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives together is the way to solve today’s complex health problems in a booming digital era.
Our goal is to create a culture and environment where our people feel empowered to do their best work whilst being their authentic selves. We commit to creating an inclusive environment where we recognise the rights of all individuals to mutual respect and where there is an unbiased acceptance of others.
If you're as excited as us by the future we can create, then do get in touch