Product Data Scientist in Barcelona or Remote
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Diversity brings success. We actively recruit people from a range of backgrounds, employ inclusive hiring techniques; and work with our external partners to continually increase and improve our DEI initiatives. As a result, we obtained a rating of 89/100 in 2022 for the annual Index of professional equality and are happy to say that 44% of our teams are women.
Qonto has grown a 55+ data team with Data Engineers, BI, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning Engineers working together to deliver great dashboards, reports and data products. And now is the time for Qonto to double down on Data Products!
⭐ Mission: Qonto is looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our Data Products team of 12, and create, deploy & train impactful machine learning models while being very close to our Risk & Fraud team!
⚡ Impact: Our future Data Scientist will make key contributions to Qonto through AI/ML-based data products. Our data products are automation building blocks: they infer mappings from historical data and we have dozens of use cases at Qonto for such beasts. Data products are here to ensure that we won’t need twice the headcount when we will do twice the revenue.
As a Product Data Scientist you will be collaborating closely with Simon, our Senior Lead Data Products within our newly created subteam in charge of fraud detection and risk scoring models at Qonto.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Product Data Scientist at Qonto, you will
• Inspect historical data in search of their generalisation power.
• Collaborate hand-in-hand with our internal stakeholders through cross-functional teamwork.
• Design, build and deploy data products.
• Ensure that models remain performing over time.
• Use the best engineering practices to reach high levels of quality.
• Impact Qonto with incremental revenues, or cost reduction, by millions of euros a year through risk & fraud modelling.
🤔 What you can expect
• Join Qonto who is winning SME banking in Europe. Qonto is on track to power one million SMEs in 2025.
• Develop dozens of customer-impacting innovative data products ranging from understanding better our clients to Qonto's app killer features
• Work with a top-notch team with strong knowledge-sharing practices
• Leverage our values and our culture of continuous improvement to boost your impact.
• Our data teams are part of our Tech team, granting us easy access to our infrastructures while also supporting teamwork.
• Qonto is highly data-driven and our different business stakeholders are also thriving in that direction.
🤝 About your future manager
Your manager will be Simon, who is in charge of the Data Products team at Qonto!
• His background? After his experience in fast-scaling organisations at both ManoMano & Kapten where he managed and built Data Science teams from scratch, Simon joined Qonto to structure our Data Products departments!
• What does he bring to the team? As an expert in his field, he has hands-on experience in implementing and taking Machine Learning models into production in product-driven & cross-functional teams. Simon also has a true passion for mentoring and coaching the team.
🏅 About You
• Mindset: You naturally explore the data before building any model, and you distinguish correlation from causation. You are very interested in modelling competitions, and you take pride in setting the best scores.
• Mastery: You are proficient with Python, Pandas, and Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, or Pytorch. You care about the craft and champion high standards.
• Outcome-oriented: You value simplicity and think impact first.
• Software Engineering best practices: you document, version, and test your code systematically.
• Communication: You appreciate the teamwork that data products typically require, and you have effective communication skills, to build alignment and articulate purpose.
• Language: You are fluent in English.
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know 😉
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- A central fully-renovated building in Barcelona with WeWork services
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
All our benefits
- Flexible Remote Policy
- 23 days off + 5 Qonto days
- Alan (Seguro) health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health and gym access with Urban Sports Club
- An Edenred lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
500 - 1,000