We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over $30M by world-class investors in some of the most disruptive companies in tech industry including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over $1.25 trillion is spent each year. We were named as the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
Are you ready to take off with us? Keep reading!
We’re looking for a proactive, pragmatic, and data-driven Procurement Manager who is experienced in building, implementing and developing inventory strategies within the travel industry. A person who has mastered the processes of picking new suppliers, assessing the existing ones, and tracking the entire integrations landscape.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
As an Inventory Manager, you will be an instrumental contributor to our product strategy, directly impacting the success of one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe. You will have the freedom to showcase your excellent leadership and team-playing abilities, as well as exceptional communication, ownership, relationship-fostering and problem-solving skills.
You will take full ownership of the inventory strategy for TravelPerk from a Product perspective, including the prioritization of new flight, hotel, and rail provider integrations, and the enhancements to existing ones. You will be the glue and the bridge between the Commercial Partnerships and Product teams, while ensuring that the Revenue Generation and the Product Roadmap are always aligned. You will also be responsible for communication with, and between the stakeholders, ensuring everyone involved is on the same page, focused and fighting together towards the same goals, with the same priorities.
Beyond the requirements listed above and below, you must possess a genuine hunger to help us build an amazing SaaS product that companies will fall in love with, so be ready to roll-up your sleeves!
What you will do:
- Create an overall inventory strategy for TravelPerk.
- You will take data-based decisions to align the product roadmap with our corporate strategy.
- Build strong relationships with the flight, hotel and rail providers.
- Drive interactions with flight providers in terms of requirements and content.
- Create and own dashboards to analyze & report on supplier performance.
- You own supplier errors and ensure they are fixed ASAP.
- Proactively Identify and address gaps in our inventory (within the search results).
- Prepare new integrations for POs to pick up in development (contracts, requirements and expected impact).
- Collaborate with POs to quantify, and prioritize opportunities to improve our inventory.
- Collaborate with the sales team to anticipate and identify the inventory requirements in order to meet our sales targets.
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify TravelPerk inventory weaknesses.
- Coordinate and communicate decision-making processes with all stakeholders, with a clear vision of the short-term vs the future, channeling resources to what matters most and needs to be done.
- Challenge the roadmap to ensure that everything planned creates value for the business and for our customers, based on solid research and evidence.
- Represent the company at relevant industry events.
What you need to have:
- A proven track record of 3+ years in procurement within the travel industry.
- Deep expertise in GDS flight suppliers, airline contracting, airline fares and ticketing.
- Data-driven: You always use data to drive better inventory solutions.
- Technical: You have a deep understanding of how APIs work.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Business or equivalent.
- Great communication skills in English: You can clearly explain (verbally and in writing) the connections between larger business goals and inventory goals to any type of stakeholder.
- Organized: You are very organized and ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Pragmatic: You have a startup mindset, you can think and produce quickly. Collaboration comes naturally to you, and you are capable of driving towards quick wins and last minute opportunities.
- Proactive: You never wait for opportunities to arise, you create them!
- Team Player: Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution.
- Results driven: You are focused on delivering continuous and measurable improvements to the user.
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world.
-English is the official language at the office.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
The company is funded by a team of entrepreneurial executives with deep market expertise, including leadership-level experience, at one of the most successful players in the online travel industry.
Are you ready for your next trip? Next destination: TravelPerk!