At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Customer Experience and Engagement (CEE) team is looking for a Proactive Support Engineer to join us in Barcelona or Madrid, Spain. In this role, you will provide excellent support and assistance for our enterprise customers. You'll become an expert on OpenShift by Red Hat solutions and you’ll support our customers business needs by ensuring that they are capable of using this offering effectively on their own. You’ll provide our customers with guidance and advise them on the use of OpenShift by Red Hat while working to understand their environments, internal processes, and business needs. As a Proactive Support Engineer, you'll adapt your support to each of our customer's environments, facilitate collaboration with their other vendors, and help them to prevent issues by deploying proactive measures.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Support customers by responding to incoming calls and web-based inquiries
- Diagnose problems, troubleshoot customer issues, and find solutions to these issues
- Manage customer cases and maintain clear and concise case documentation
- Ensure that knowledge is shared through our knowledge base
- Become an expert on the OpenShift by Red Hat offering
- Collaborate with other engineers and developers to develop creative solutions for our customers
- Gain understanding of customer technical infrastructures and environments, hardware, and offerings
proactive checks to validate that customer environments are supported
and do not have any critical issues that could impact services that the
customers are delivering
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related discipline; degree in computer science and engineering is a plus
- 3 years of experience in a technical support, software development or engineering, or quality assurance (QA) organization or Linux system administration experience
- Ability to manage and grow existing enterprise customer relationships by delivering attentive, relationship-based support
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English; knowledge of other European languages is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects while maintain the attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex information to customers clearly and concisely
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or other relevant certification at the same level, or willingness to pursue certification within the first 90 days of being hired
- Experience with OpenShift by Red Hat or similar offerings; Kubernetes or container orchestration is a plus
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
About Red Hat
Red Hat company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.