Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a talented and inspiring Principal UX Designer in Product & Service Design to join our Global Diagnostics User Experience Team (DIA UX). As Principal UX Designer, you will be contributing to the transformation of user and customer experience in healthcare using your design expertise as well as leadership ability.
What you will do
- Lead the team to translate user research and business requirements into valuable product design decisions and detailed day-to-day work for the team
- Advocate for the right user-centric design methodologies during different project phases, encourage design system and usability engineering adoption.
- Define workshop objectives and communicate how to shape workshop content, assets as well as exercises to other team members and facilitate parts of activities and discussions.
- Gather system-level information from multiple sources and communicate clearly to internal clients, potentially users and customers.
- Provide recommendations and frame design decisions in light of the impact to the business, as well as customers and users.
- Support Design Leads and Capability Leads in shaping approaches and pitching work to clients.
- Create content to support thought leadership initiatives.
- Help define overarching story and frameworks to be used during client presentations. Communicate storyline to clients at Roche and potential users and customers, as appropriate.
- Support the Design Lead in managing day-to-day activities, and understand the Design Lead's and clients' expectations and course-correct deviations in the project plan.
- Support constructive critique and personal feedback opportunities within the team, such as retrospectives, and suggest actions to take.
Who you are
You are someone who likes a combination of hands-on project work and leadership, looking to work for a company where your career can grow as your interests do, across functions and geographies. Where you are valued for all of your passions and interests.
- Strong abilities in Product & Service Design and in Usability Engineering.
- Proven track record of results providing design excellence, delivering solutions to market and leading design teams in the healthcare industry or another highly regulated industry (with ownership of key deliverables).
- Well-versed in user and customer experience design, service design, interaction design and prototyping.
- Industrial Design expertise is considered a big plus.
- Experience with guiding more junior designers on projects that require in-depth knowledge of specific domains and skill development
- Strong UX knowledge, especially in digital products/solutions.
- Great presentation skills and ability to communicate ideas, solutions and deliverables effectively and persuasively.
- Fluent in English.
We are looking forward to receive your CV and portfolio.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Engineering, Engineering > Design Engineering & Architecture
For more than 40 years. Roche Diabetes Care is pioneering innovative diabetes technologies and services. Being a global leader in integrated diabetes management, more than 5,000 employees in over 100 markets worldwide aim every day to help people with diabetes and those at risk to experience true relief from the daily therapy routines. We are dedicated to advancing how care is being provided and to achieve this, we collaborate with caregivers healthcare providers and payers worldwide to drive optimal management of this complex condition and contribute to building sustainable care structures.
Personalized diabetes management
At Roche Diabetes Care we believe that a collaborative, integrated and personalized approach is needed to determine the optimal therapy for each person with diabetes or at risk of developing the disease. It is equally important for us to spark lifestyle changes, encourage motivation and determine opportunities that will enable patients to reach the individual health goals by spending more time in range.
Under the brand Accu-Chek and in collaboration with partners. Roche Diabetes Care creates value by providing integrated solutions to monitor glucose levels, deliver insulin and track as well as contextualize relevant data points to contribute to a successful therapy. By establishing an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions, Roche Diabetes Care will help to enable personalized diabetes management which will thus help improve therapy outcomes.
By driving digital health in an open ecosystem and offering integrated diabetes management solutions and services, we are aiming to shape the way diabetes care is being provided now and in the future.