Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As we evolve our engineering tooling and processes to be more self-service for feature development teams, we need strong technical leadership to guide our QA team to implement best-in-class solutions for automated testing infrastructure for our new and existing features.
You’ll be joining a global team of experienced and talented QA engineers who are focused on evangelizing best practices and creating tools and frameworks to drive quality improvements across the organization.
As a Principal Software QA Engineer, you will lead the technical design and implementation of complex solutions, like the infrastructure to run automated performance and functional test suites. You will be a part of the technology leadership team for assigned areas and as such work with groups within Dev that are responsible for delivering the product . A key function is to work with QA managers to promote consistent, technically correct Quality design approaches across the organization. Another key component of the role is evaluating and recommending technology directions based on analyzing new technology trends .
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Independently lead complex technical projects with little guidance, handling and reducing ambiguity as it arises.
- Lead the development and execution of performance and automated testing tools, pull together appropriate teams as needed to solve challenges and critical quality issues.
- Ensure completeness and quality of all deliverables by auditing, acting as a consultant and approval for every QA project.
- Coordinate software test activities including making key test design decisions.
- Communicate story tests and test plan designs to team members via creation of test labs and through verbal communication with team members.
- Perform Gap analysis in automation, user stories and test coverage to enhance quality across the board.
- Provide day to day technical guidance to team members in their areas of responsibility.
- Conduct test reviews (and attend code & design reviews) to help ensure that the development process is followed and that the criteria for delivery to product owners are attained.
- Continuously evaluate automation suites and refactor them to keep current.Responsible for maintaining and enhancing test automation.
- Perform security and performance testing and incorporate them in automated executions
- Perform data analysis to identify potential data quality issues or opportunities throughout the solution delivery life cycle
- Integrate automation with Dev-OPS structure.
- Accurately provides project scope and effort estimates that are used as input for defining project release planning.
- Main contributor to the software engineering standards , procedures and process improvements in the Software Development Life Cycle Process.
- Develop business and technical specifications, as well as technical and architectural documentation.
THE SKILL SET
- 10+ years designing complex performance and automation tests for enterprise software product architectures.
- 10+ years of experience as QA engineer
- Experience designing and maintaining environments for performance tests including monitors.
- Application performance advocate involved throughout the SDLC to recommend and improve performance efforts prior to release.
- Solid understanding of OOP languages (Java, .net).
- Must have experience leading professional engineering teams (being a multiplier) in an ‘influence only’ role by earning respect from both a technical and character perspective.
- Has experience working with global engineering teams and is comfortable working in that structure.
- Experience with automated functional testing solutions like Cypress and WebdriverIO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to influence outcomes.
- Advanced level of English
- Web-based automation tools, including Selenium and QTP
- BDD Automation frameworks, like Cucumber, Specflow, POM, or Protractor
- Unit testing and Integration testing Knowledge.
- Jenkins Administration
- Continuous Integration using Dev-OPS, including Docker; VDI Administration
- ALM Administration
- xUnit frameworks, including TestNG, JUnit, and NUnit
- Experience with CI/CD (Azure Devops, Jenkins, GitLab, ArgoCD, or CircleCi)
- Experience leading the investigation and debugging critical bugs and site incidents
- Experience using logging and debugging tools like Splunk, Sentry, and Datadog
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.