Are you an experienced engineer who has a real passion for enabling data-driven business decisions and working on groundbreaking analytics technologies? Then Vistaprint is the place for you!
Driven by Curiosity.
At Vistaprint, we believe that everything we do has a lasting impact on our customers and on each other. It begins and ends with a passion for helping our customers succeed. To give them our best, we empower our team with the autonomy they need to make smarter decisions and pursue higher value. We thrive on exploration, collabration, and helping every customer grow their business beyond imagination. Fueled by technology and innovation, we are so much more than business cards.
About Our Team:
The Data Engineering Team's mission is to empower our internal business partners with the information to make better decisions for our customers. All of our team members collaboratively work together to design, build, and sustain our Data Ecosystem, which includes technologies like our Data Warehouse, Data Lake, and proprietary predictive analytics tools. We build the right thing, the right way through positive relationships with Technology, Marketing, Analytics, and Finance.
When you join our team, you will have a fantastic opportunity to advance your career by working in cutting-edge technology and growing your business expertise.
Putting Your Expertise to Work:
As the Principal Data Engineer for our European-based engineering teams, you will help us scale our Data infrastructure to expand our proprietary predictive analytics and Big Data capabilities. You will accomplish his by designing our technical roadmap, growing our Data Engineering knowledge through mentoring your team members, and closely collaborating with the Business and fellow Data Leadership Team members to ensure we are delivering on the right strategy, the right way. Your technical experience and business insight will directly drive real business results. Your ability to seek complex challenges and collaborate in a team environment will mean you have an immediate impact.
- Drive the technical roadmap for the Vistaprint Data Ecosystem, which includes our Data Warehouse and Data Lake
- Mentor the European Data Engineering Team on best-in-class industry practices
- Collaborate with Business and Data Leadership to understand customer needs, challenges, and opportunities
- Effectively communicate the Data strategy to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Be curious about trends and emerging technologies in the Data space, participate in user communities, and share what you learn with your teammates
- Travel around 25% of the time to Barcelona, Prague, Tunis, and Boston (US) offices
Experience We're Looking For:
- Background working on Data Lakes
- Desire to mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Expertise with developing data processing solutions and data application utilizing technologies like Python, C#, Java, SQL, Spark, or No SQL DB
- Experience working with all kinds of data-- clean, dirty, unstructured, semi-structured and relational
- Problem solving and multi-tasking ability in a fast-paced, globally distributed environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with developing end-to-end data pipelines in large cloud-compute infrastructure solutions such Azure, AWS and Google is a plus
What's In It for You:
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, online training subscription
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free food, drinks, fresh fruit
- And more!
If the above sounds interesting to you don’t hesitate to apply (using a resume in English), we look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.