Are you a software engineer with extensive programming and technical mentorship experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, let’s talk!
TravelPerk is building a next-generation platform to take the pain out of booking and managing business travel. Discover our stack here.
As Principal Software Engineer you will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement our product, being a subject matter expert for many of the technologies we use.
As Principal Software Engineer, this position involves:
- System architecture design, implementation and testing in a very hands-on approach.
- Product development in Python, Django and React of a travel related web-based product.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
- Work in Agile environment with strong attention to a well-documented code, unit testing and continuous integration.
- Being able to mentor/coach/train other colleagues as a domain expert.
Required skills and experience:
- "Product Engineering" mindset.
- Extensive experience in similar roles building technically complex products, ideally for more than 10 years.
- Expert level both at server-side and at client-side development.
- Experience writing highly efficient asynchronous code.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Ability to benchmark, analyse and implement new technologies.
- Strong communication skills (in English).
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the travel industry.
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite or similar.
- Experience working in high-performing, Agile development teams.
- People who like to build stuff (we really like people who maintain/contribute to open source projects).
What do we offer?
- Continuous learning is encouraged and you are more than welcome to dedicate time to learn things that interest you, even if they are not directly related to the day to day tasks.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to grow as a professional.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Competitive compensation plan.
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff.
The Principal Software Engineer position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
The company is funded by a team of entrepreneurial executives with deep market expertise, including leadership-level experience, at one of the most successful players in the online travel industry.
Are you ready for your next trip? Next destination: TravelPerk!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!