Principal Software Engineer in Barcelona or Remote
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer that shares the same values of pragmatism, professionalism and transparency as us to join our Barcelona team! You'd be utilising your expertise with both clients and also internally - helping to shape Codurance, and being involved in coaching and mentoring across the company.
We support our clients in many ways and you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of different internal and client projects. Perhaps you’ll work on a client project from our offices with our team delivery approach. This may be a greenfield project for a startup, or helping to build a mission-critical system for a large enterprise client. Perhaps you’ll work as an embedded craftsperson, working within our client's existing development to help them to get better at writing their own software. Or maybe you're more interested in helping to introduce the values of Software Craftsmanship and Extreme Programming practices to an organisation through coaching & mentoring.
What about you?
As someone performing this role these are some of the things we are looking for:
- Client Engagement: You are able to actively build relationships with strategic stakeholders within the client, acting as an advisor and partner in helping them identify and solve problems. You are good at helping people come up with a vision and helping them get aligned behind it.
- Broad technical knowledge and skills: You are able to advise on multiple technology stacks at both high and low levels. You can even help a product team with value discovery through prototyping, research, and are able to quickly gain a deeper understanding of the business domain. (We mainly work with the .NET, JVM and Node stacks, alongside cloud technologies).
- Project Management: You have a proven track record of executing and planning a technical or product strategy, and identifying and managing risks.
- Communication and Leadership: Versatility in leadership and communication styles is key for a role like this. Facilitation skills are a key part of this job.
- Learning and growth mindset: You enjoy helping teams and people to grow by coaching, mentoring and teaching. You like constantly learning and sharing that learning with others around you.
It would be an added bonus if you:
- Actively participate in a technical community.
- Have experience of working in a software consultancy, or have been part of implementing some kind of organisational transformation (Agile, Lean, Digital).
- Have a deep understanding of software development best practices, working with legacy code, re-architecture, cloud technologies, software design, etc.
Check out this video (in Spanish) to hear more about what a Principal does at Codurance.
- Transparency - all of our salary bandings and company finances are available to everyone from day one.
- Autonomy - got an idea? Form an Initiative Circle, take ownership, run with it, and see it through to delivery.
- Our People - You’ll be working alongside Craftspeople who share your interest in learning, whether that’s on a client project or contributing to our internal projects.
- Personal Learning Budget - Access to Learnerbly, our online learning & development tool, to support your personal development and career progression here.
- Training - No fixed training budget. So long as the course is relevant for the company and you'll do a lightning talk on the subject, we’re happy to pay for it.
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Opportunity to work fully remote (even after this pandemic ends)
- Ticket restaurants (retribución flexible)
- Gym discounts
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the EU. However, we are not able to sponsor visas or provide relocation assistance for this role.
Everyone should have the right to bring their whole self to work and be celebrated for who they are. Our people are hired purely on their commitment to these values and their ambition to deliver outstanding results for our clients. Codurance is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace.