Red Hat's Ecosystem Engineering team is looking for a senior software engineer to join us in Red Hat’s Verticals partner enablement group. In this role you will be part of a growing team focused on partner enablement for use in telco, edge, real-time, and industrial applications, providing hardware enablement for ARM platforms. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
What you will do
- Contribute new hardware enablement development work to Linux kernel and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Backport patches and bugfixes from the upstream kernel into Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Participate in the broader upstream Linux community
- Package the kernel for delivery
- Collaborate in the ARM partner ecosystem
- Develop and run performance benchmark suites
- Collaborate with the Engineering, Quality Engineering, Product Management, Documentation, and product build teams, as well as the open source community
- Have fun!
What you will bring
- Experience in Linux kernel development, ARM architecture and board bring-up
- Familiarity with embedded systems and their ecosystems
- Familiarity with Device Tree and Advanced Configuration & Power Interface (ACPI)
- Knowledge of Git and upstream Linux kernel patch posting procedures, or experience with upstream development
- Experience with backporting upstream code to Linux distributions, kernel configuration, building, and testing
- Ability to work on your own in a small team environment
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
Nice to have
- Familiarity in early boot in flow of ARM processors
- Knowledge of grub
- Knowledge of U-boot or UEFI
- Experience working with chip manufacturers or tier 1 suppliers
Share on your newsfeed
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver high-performing Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Spread across 40+ countries, our associates have the flexibility to choose the work environment that suits their needs from in-office to fully remote to office-flex. Red Hatters are encouraged to bring their best ideas, no matter their title or tenure. We're a leader in open source because of our open and inclusive environment. We hire creative, passionate people ready to contribute their ideas, help solve complex problems, and make an impact. Opportunities are open. Join us.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.