A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a very small fraction of overall credit, but it is growing rapidly and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent, so you can achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and very intuitive app linked to a credit card that’s designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
Based between London and Madrid, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment putting the user at the centre of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra, customers are first because that's what drives us, and our growth and we'll continue catering to them that way.
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
We have an exciting opportunity to architect and design the frameworks and services that power Tymit. We are looking for an engineer who places the customer at the centre of everything, specifically looking at the quality and security of our service.
The project has an enormous impact on the future of Tymit's platform and has a wide scope - all the way from designing a scalable services platform to re-architecting the data models in our code base. You will be involved in leveraging new applications as much as take an important role during design reviews sessions. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Help to define the vision of the platform architecture that powers Tymit’s business, being the voice of experience helping the team balance availability, flexibility, expediency and scalability.
- Demonstrate a clear architectural vision with the ability to collaborate and iterate on software design, working with leadership to set the standards for software engineering best practices.
- Drive cross-team and platform-level initiatives and projects, building an effective collaboration in all areas and levels of the business and engineering team.
- Participate in development life cycle activities such as design, coding, testing and production release, delivering high-quality code in an agile team environment.
- Improve integration efficiency and data modelling with third-party vendors.
- Boost automation of operational processes (provisioning, replication, deployments, continuous integration).
- Troubleshoot critical production issues and provide technical insights.
- Play an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers in technology, process and methodologies.
- Work with the wider engineering team to enhance, document, and establish processes and generally improve the operability and security of our systems.
- Champion new technologies and enforce the best development patterns and practices and promote these to the wider Team.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- You have 9+ years of experience in designing and building world-class software. Bonus points for experience in a rapidly growing tech start-up.
- You have experience as an architect designing scalable, highly available and service-oriented architectures.
- You have extensive experience with cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and modern architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, reactive architectures, event-driven architectures).
- You have experience designing scalable RESTful Web Services and Reactive Microservices.
- You have prior experience as a tech lead who has mentored, led small teams in building product features at scale.
- You are comfortable building processes, culture and organisations to help deliver and support large scale production systems.
- You have the ability to think holistically and also maintain focus on small intricate details is essential for the high-impact role you will play at Tymit.
- You are a great achiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA with the desire to solve problems whilst wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for FinTech.
- The salary range of this role is 60,000 - 65,000 € per annum depending on experience.
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- Your birthday off.
- Flexible working hours.
- You’ll be able to benefit from a work from home policy.
- Additional days to attend conferences and workshops when related to technology and/or events related with Tymit’s industry and sector.