Travel. It's one of life's simple pleasures. But, ooof, planning it can feel like hard work. For the last 20 years we've been on a mission to empower every traveller with innovative tools, insights and experiences that help people get to where they're going, so they can spend more time out exploring the world, and less time anxiously bouncing around 25 browser tabs and endless spreadsheets. Our traveller-first approach drives everything we do and it's never been more important than it is today.
When we launched as a flight comparison site back in 2003, we changed the game by helping travellers feel smart, like they were in on a secret, that promise hasn't changed. And today, while we're a world leader in travel, with millions of people using our products every single day we know there's so much more we can be doing.
Being part of Skyscanner means joining a team hell bent on building the world's most innovative, and helpful travel experiences possible. We're hugely ambitious and believe we have the chance to genuinely challenge and disrupt the industry.
Our Principal Product Managers lead broad strategy areas across multiple teams to deliver a goal. For this role we are seeking a highly skilled Principal App Product Manager to lead our Marketplace App teams.
Do you mark your calendar for every WWDC and Google I/O, eagerly anticipating the next breakthrough in mobile technology? Do you constantly seek the delightful experiences within your own downloaded apps and critique them for the opportunities they missed to excite and delight?
If you are obsessed with crafting the ultimate app experience and have a track record of bringing compelling mobile products to life, we want you on our team.
- Strategic Product Vision: Define and execute a product strategy and roadmap for our Skyscanner Android and iOS apps, ensuring parity with our core web features and delivering exciting app only experiences for our travellers.
- Cross-Platform Expertise: Exhibit deep expertise in mobile app design patterns, with a nuanced understanding of differences and constraints between iOS and Android platforms.
- Innovation: Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and user behavior to drive continuous innovation and improvement in the mobile app.
- Leadership: Build, mentor and lead a team of app product managers, setting clear objectives and empowering them to achieve their best.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with design, engineering, marketing, and customer support teams to create a collaborative environment that fosters innovation and excellence in product development.
- Backlog Management: Own the App product backlog, prioritising features and tasks from web parity, app exclusive and core app health deliverables to balance traveller value with business outcomes.
- User-Centric Approach: Champion user research and customer feedback to inform product decisions and ensure a delightful user experience in App.
- Quality Assurance: Oversee testing methodologies, ensuring rigorous quality control and a seamless user experience across different devices and operating systems.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Utilize analytics, A/B testing, and user research to inform and validate product decisions, driving continuous improvement in app functionality and user engagement.
- Stakeholder Communication: Effectively communicate progress, risks, and opportunities to company stakeholders, translating complex technical details into business-relevant language.
What we're looking for :
- 5+ years product management experience with a minimum of 3 years in mobile App.( or equivalent)
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful app throughout its lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Android’s Material Design.
- Familiarity with non-functional aspects of app development such as app size, performance optimisation, and platform-specific considerations.
- Experience with app analytics and performance monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools for version control, bug tracking, and task management.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
- A passion for technology and a keen eye for the latest trends and innovations in the app space.
- A customer-centric mindset with a dedication to creating the best user experience possible.
- Strong analytical abilities and a results-oriented approach to product management.
- Leadership qualities that inspire teamwork and motivate team members to achieve their best.
- We are looking for a team player. Prioritise what works on web whilst identifying unique App experiences that deliver a marketable value proposition to support seamless journeys from Web to App
You'll join a brilliantly diverse group from all corners of the world. After all, travel is about finding new perspectives and experiencing new people and cultures - and Skyscanner is strongest when our teams are both inclusive and diverse. We recognise and challenge everyday biases, remove obstacles to inclusion and ensure all our people can thrive and be themselves.
We are committed to building a workforce that is representative of our travellers and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong, including people with disabilities. If you need any adjustments to the interview process because of a disability, please let our recruitment team know. Any information you share with our recruitment team will be used solely to allow us to ensure your candidate experience is inclusive and accessible based on your needs.
- - ‘Skyscanner University’ offers a range of courses for tech and business topics.
- - At Skyscanner there’s no clocking in and there’s no bell at the end of the day, they prefer to give you the freedom and autonomy to do your job, add value and own your work.
- - Better than average annual leave in all office locations.
- - There’s enhanced maternity and paternity leave and a flexible working policy to encourage and enable a healthy work-life balance.