Lingokids' mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us on this mission we’re looking for an exceptional Principal Product Manager. The role can be fully remote or based in our sunny Madrid office.
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning service for kids. With fresh content - games, books, videos, interactive episodes, etc - every week, we are helping more than 40M families and their children around the world to develop their skills in a fun and effective way.
Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100M families and we’re working hard to make it a reality. Our talented team of product designers, software engineers, and content producers tweak and improve our product daily while incorporating feedback from our customers.
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
As a Product Manager on the New Users Experience team, your main focus will be on creating a delightful onboarding and activation experience users for new users to help them discover the core value of Lingokids. The work of this team has a clear direct impact in our ability to grow the business, both because of the impact in top of funnel conversion, but also because of how that initial experience, that first impression, will drive increased retention further down the line.
Your work will be pivotal in helping Lingokids grow in the next stage of our journey.
- Set vision and strategy for our New User Experience products.
- Translate that vision and strategy into concrete plans and objectives, and build a compelling product roadmap based on customer needs.
- Work closely with the Monetisation, Core Experience and Learning and Content Delivery teams, to make sure that the vision for new users aligns well with other teams objectives and strategies.
- Partner with User Researchers, Data Science and Support teams to develop a deep understanding of who are our customer and what are their needs and pains. Distill large amounts of data into compelling insights that will inform not just your team roadmap, but also other teams or departments in the company.
- Partner with Designers, Engineers and other peers to consistently ship products that address customer needs and improve the main KPIs.
- Work with the other Product Managers and the VP of Product to help build our product management practice and culture.
- Have 7+ years of experience as a Product Manager at a high-performing start-up/growth-stage company in a consumer product.
- Are comfortable getting into deep technical discussions and can collaborate with engineers, data scientists, and operations stakeholders about the pros and cons of different approaches.
- Have excellent numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data quickly to inform the right decisions.
- Are detail orientated with superior organizational skills.
- Are an empathetic leader who is comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders across the organization and makes sure every voice is heard.
- Have some experience mentoring other Product Managers.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates, but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. We have become a fully remote company so, we believe that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
Experience working closely with non-technical stakeholders to refine requirements and bring them to life is a must.
Life at Lingokids
🏡 Unlimited remote working: you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you feel like it. This position is open to anyone within +/- 2 hours of the CET timezone.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportations into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously. We have a real-time and hones feedback culture, with a formal feedback session every month.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!