Eventbrite is a people-first organization. Our goal of building the global platform for live experience relies on the foundation of top talent and strong company culture. Our team is the face of Eventbrite, and we’re charged with finding, attracting, and bringing on the best of the best to drive Eventbrite’s growing business and award-winning culture forward. Hiring the best talent globally is no easy feat. However, we have a talented team who has an inspiring story and mission. Our perfect candidate is someone who can connect that vision and story with top-notch talent.
The members of our team tackle big problems through small group collaboration. Our technology spans across web, mobile, APIs, big data and machine learning, search, as well as physical point of sale and ticket scanning systems. Specifically for mobile we have 4 apps (Organizer and Attendee apps for both worlds, iOS and Android).
As a people-focused organization, we support a culture of inclusion, mentorship, and continuous learning. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and hackathons are at the core of how we build our team and product. We engage with the community by hosting events with exciting technical speakers and releasing key building blocks of our stack as open-source software.
Our engineering teams own their services and systems end to end from requirements gathering to deployment to maintenance. Team members follow an on-call rotation to ensure any issues are mitigated immediately and root causes are rectified.
As a Principal Software Engineer for Eventbrite’s native iOS/Android applications, you will embody Eventbrite engineering’s culture of technical excellence and will help drive sweeping architectural changes as we modernize our platform. You’ll be challenged to research, design and implement technical solutions and become a point of reference for the engineering teams. At the team level you will work closely with your engineering leader and different product managers. At the company level you’ll be responsible for technical leadership and mentoring
THE SKILL SET
- +10 years of experience developing iOS/Android apps
- Deep understanding of Swift or Kotlin programming languages
- You have knowledge of design patterns, mobile architectures and market software standards
- Familiarity with unidirectional data flow frameworks like Redux or The Composable Architecture
- Comfortable with leading large cross-functional initiatives, and collaborating with engineering teams and other stakeholders
- Strong understanding of Web Service, API, REST and RPC
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a wide variety of teams
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Ability to set priorities, and execute according to the plan, arising risks if needed
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to write performant concurrent code
- Ability to cleanly architect UI features
- Experience with Automated testing
- Experience leading technical teams and mentoring engineers
- Experience with distributed systems and large scale systems
- Advanced English both written and spoken.
- Active contributor to open source software
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to providing competitive, valuable and meaningful benefits for our Britelings.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace. Read more about our Diversity and Inclusion work for our team, culture, and community.
We offer comprehensive benefits and a wellness package above and beyond standard medical benefits to support our Britelings’ lifestyle.
Eventbrite's global benefit programs are designed to meet you where you are by offering resources and support for your health, well-being, finances, and family. This includes support in a remote/hybrid environment, wellness allowance, Carrot family planning benefit, Origin Financial Planning service, and other offerings to ease the mind and body like Modern Health and BriteBreaks (generally the first Friday of every month off).
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing, marketing, and experience technology platform that serves a consumers and event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. With over 280 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2022, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.