Imagine a workplace that allows you to own your own product and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine an environment where your performance makes a difference, not just within the company itself but for billions of travelers worldwide! That place is TrustYou.
We are looking for travel-lovers, innovators, and genuinely amazing people who can help us in our mission to make guest communication and feedback simpler and more productive.
At the moment we have an open position for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about their craft to join our review insights team and, in partnership with the Director of Engineering, influence the future of technology and technical excellence at TrustYou. You will coach the team on solving challenging technical problems and own your products end-to-end, thinking through continuous deployment, quality and scalability. You will contribute to TrustYou engineering’s culture of technical excellence through inclusivity, knowledge sharing, and mentorship. Great opportunity to join an amazing team and have an impact in TrustYou and the hospitality industry.
Take a look at our StackShare profile if you want to see a list of technologies that we use at TrustYou.
Ready to learn more?
Your Area of Influence:
- Own the product! As a member of the Review Insights Team you will have ownership of your products in partnership with your peers
- Set technical direction for multiple teams, and drive force behind key technology decisions that affect the entire organisation
- Lead the architecture, design and implementation of large and complex systems, being hands on as required
- Mentor and coach the organisation towards technical excellence in terms of robustness, stability, scalability, simplicity and cost-effectiveness
- Anticipate risks, technical issues and simplify work to be done to achieve product value
Our Expectations of You:
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Fluent communication skills in English and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining distributed systems and evolutionary architectures
- Technical background and strong understanding in the field of Data Engineering
- Strong understanding of Databases, batch and stream big data processing, ETL and ELT
- DevOps culture mindset
- Deep understanding of software development practices like CI/CD, Automatic Testing, Refactoring.
What Would Make You a Perfect Fit:
- Experience with technical leadership with data engineering and/or data science teams.5+ years of experience building big data pipelines, with Hadoop MR, Spark, Kafka, Luigi and/or Python
- Technical background in the field of NLP and/or Deep learning
- Solid understanding of eXtreme Programming principles and practices
- Experience with Web APIsExperience in working with Legacy Code
- Experience with Stream Processing
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture and Domain-Driven Design
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Flexible working hours
- Remote-friencly environment
- 1 bonus vacation day to be used for your favorite travel adventure!
- Free access to various learning resources, as well as 96 hours/year to be used for learning & development.
- A global team of friendly, highly motivated co-workers. English and/or German language lessons
- Other team events and perks based on location.
- The TrustYou Guest Experience Platform is used by more than 50,000 hotels worldwide to consolidate and analyze guest feedback, as well as provide real-time communication, allowing guests to message the hotel reception while they’re at the hotel. Within one tool, hotels get an overview of all reviews from platforms like Booking.com and Google and are able to improve the hotel experience for their guests. Our semantically analyzed data is also used by big tech companies like Google, Bing, and Hotels.com to serve curated feedback data to billions of worldwide travelers.
TrustYou is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of gender, background, religion, orientation, age, or ability.
If you think this position is not a good fit for you but you still can have an impact on our organization please take a look at our open positions in engineering.
Join us! We look forward to reading your application and getting to know you more.