Principal DevOps Engineers adds value to the organization by exercising technical leadership through their experience, seniority and design implementations. Does include coding activities.
A Principal DevOps Engineer is a very senior individual contributor.
Leads the technical implementation, performs feasibilities, ensures cross team technical working practices and standards. Reviews and assess work. Drives the technical direction of the projects and participates in organizational best practices and applied technology evolution/roadmap.
Anticipates new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
Creates different technical proposals to solve the business challenges. Is able to evaluate the different proposals and provide recommendations on the technical solution which better fits the business and project requirements.
Ability to collaborate within the SW Architect, other (Principal) Engineers and/or Lead Systems Engineers’ team to address any concerns and development decisions bottom-up
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to maximize the technical outcome.
Checks that results of implementations are executed as planned.
Learn new technologies and find the best fit to the project’s and department’s challenges
Provide technical guidance
Ability to integrate the ideas of other colleagues who can provide value to the final technical approaches.
Together with the team:
Perform capacity planning, automation, testing, performance tuning, and tools development.
Develop and maintain the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline.
Provide support for the infrastructure provided.
Participate in planning, system demos, and inspect & adapt events.
Collaborate with the cyber-security team to integrate security measures into all aspects of the platform.
Drive and coordinate the infrastructure adoption, actively engaging product development, quality, regulatory, and customer success teams.
Actively interface with software developers, security operations engineers, SW project leader and line managers to align policies to be implemented
You are a highly motivated self-starter and curiosity is what drives you. You embrace and value lean and agile principles to achieve positive outcomes. You are a team player with common sense and a good communicator that gets to the point quickly.
You have a university degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or other related fields. Experience working in a multicultural environment and proven cultural awareness. Experience in the diagnostics and pharmaceutical industry or other highly regulated industries like finance or insurance seen as highly advantageous.
Furthermore, you bring:
- 10+ years of experience in a systems engineering/DevOps role
- 3+ years of industry experience with Azure DevOps, Azure Cloud, Amazon or similar.
- Deep knowledge and practice a DevOps mindset
- Deep Knowledge in IaaS, IaC, CI, CDeployment, CDelivery
- Deep Knowledge and expertise in pipelines, toolchains
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with relevant work experience
- Provide active proposals for all relevant issues within the technical area of the project.
- Being able to perform all the previous even though the environment is not as comfortable as wished
- Evaluate and assess concepts and technologies
- Ability to decompose complex technical problems into simpler ones and ability to delegate to other team members the implementation.
- Strong experience with configuration management, monitoring, and systems tools (e.g. TerraForm, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.).
- Experience with ELK valued
- Strong knowledge and expertise in pipelines (Azure Pipelines) and ambassador of DevOps mindset.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience in troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve production issues.
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration and testing methods (Git, Azure DevOps, Gitlab, Github etc. )
- Broad technology knowledge, keeping up with latest trends
Desired Education and Professional experience
- Training: Certificate from a technical or business institute (e.g. in engineering, accounting, applied psychology) or other recognized professional qualification
- Leading skills (Review, Feedback, Communication, Strategy, Agility, Decision Making)
- Broad technology knowledge, knows trends
- Knowledge and application of Quality Assurance
- Can educate other people on DevOps matters and mindset
- Terraform and Ansible are a must
- Windows and Linux
- Azure IaaS
- Azure Pipelines Implementation
- Python, PowerShell Scripting
- Visual Studio,
- RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Microservices, .NET, .Net Core, WPF, WCF
- Event Sourcing
- Communication Stack
- TCP Socket programming
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
For more than 40 years. Roche Diabetes Care is pioneering innovative diabetes technologies and services. Being a global leader in integrated diabetes management, more than 5,000 employees in over 100 markets worldwide aim every day to help people with diabetes and those at risk to experience true relief from the daily therapy routines. We are dedicated to advancing how care is being provided and to achieve this, we collaborate with caregivers healthcare providers and payers worldwide to drive optimal management of this complex condition and contribute to building sustainable care structures.
Personalized diabetes management
At Roche Diabetes Care we believe that a collaborative, integrated and personalized approach is needed to determine the optimal therapy for each person with diabetes or at risk of developing the disease. It is equally important for us to spark lifestyle changes, encourage motivation and determine opportunities that will enable patients to reach the individual health goals by spending more time in range.
Under the brand Accu-Chek and in collaboration with partners. Roche Diabetes Care creates value by providing integrated solutions to monitor glucose levels, deliver insulin and track as well as contextualize relevant data points to contribute to a successful therapy. By establishing an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions, Roche Diabetes Care will help to enable personalized diabetes management which will thus help improve therapy outcomes.
By driving digital health in an open ecosystem and offering integrated diabetes management solutions and services, we are aiming to shape the way diabetes care is being provided now and in the future.