Descripción de la empresa
Adevinta is an international group present in 16 countries, and we are sure that you know our brands in Spain: fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net, milanuncios, and vibbo, reach more than 18 million unique users per month: we are one of the top 10 companies with the largest internet audience in Spain! This and our more than 1,000 employees make us one of the leading tech companies on the Spanish market.
As a tech company, we have digital DNA. We love challenging the status quo and we are constantly thinking of new ways of doing things.We work using PEAK Performance, a streamlined way of working based on OKRs, and self-sufficient and self-organising teams. We believe in a culture of feedback and a close leadership style. In short, we create ever smarter solutions to offer our users and clients the best experience.
If you like challenges and believe in the power of connection as much as we do...Join our team!
Descripción del empleo
We are looking for a "Principal Data Engineer" for the Data Platform team. As Principal you will be responsible for fostering cooperation between the different Data teams, working closely with them to make our strategy and vision a reality.
We hope that the architecture and design of the platform will emerge from this collaboration. Therefore, one of your main tasks will be to lead the Data community with passion and by example.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Design and development
- You will have to know in depth the technologies available in the market to provide an updated, efficient, safe and adapted to the needs of the company.
- You will work hand to hand with the engineering teams analyzing, designing and implementing the necessary solutions to bring us to the ideal solution.
- Understand and comprehend the real needs of the business to ensure the developments and guarantee the resolution for the requests from our users.
- You must have a complete vision of the systems and tools involved in the technological solutions necessary for the development of the platform.
Leadership and creation
- You will participate in the definition and execution of the Data strategy, identifying and offering solutions to all the proposed needs, both present and future, guaranteeing the methodologies, training, platforms, support...
- Promote in the Data community the best bases for the development and programming of the proposed solutions. Promote continuous improvement as the basis for the growth of Adevinta's professionals.
- Help to define good practices in the use of the data platform as well as the processes that are executed in it.
Coordination and evolution
- Ensure alignment with all data teams, promoting interactions and teamwork.
- To be the image of Data in the community of Adevinta, promoting collaboration between the different organizations of the company.
- Share experiences and learning, successes and failures to take advantage of them in the different teams of the company.
- Excellent communication skills and great ability to work effectively in a team and facilitate the work environment of the company.
- Mentoring Data Platform team members in application architecture, design and development best practices.
- To have the ability to analyze, design, define, manage and optimize complex data flow solutions.
- To assist the different teams of Data (Engineers, Insights, Scientists, Analysts) to create the processes to obtain, transform and visualize data.
- Extensive experience as a Data Engineer in Batch and Real Time processes.
- Experience optimizing Data Pipelines with Spark, Hadoop...
- To facilitate tools for data generation guaranteeing its quality with the objective of being useful for the users and the company's teams.
- Experience in data and clustering platform technologies Hadoop, Hive, Yarn...
- Demonstrable experience in AWS, EMR, Redshift environments.
- Knowledge of pipelines with Kafka, Airflow, etc.
- Experience in RealTime processes: Kafka, Cassandra, Apache Flink...
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Travis, SBT, Scala, PySpark, Python, Git...
- To guarantee and support the teams in the definition and implementation of Testing (Unit/Integration/Functional)
- Experience in continuous integration environments CI/CD (Accelerate)
- Data Catalog/Lineage/Literacy
Work with excellent professionals to solve hard technical challenges.
Be part of a company with an excellent working environment and modern, creative offices.
Opportunities for development and growth within the company and the international group.
Flexible working hours 8-10h / 17-19h
38h work week (Friday afternoons off).
23 paid vacation days a year, plus the 24th and 31st of December off.
Intensive workday during summer months and Easter (34h work week).
Attractive remuneration according to your experience.
MacBook Pro or Dell equivalent laptop + iPhone XR or Samsung S10.
Free breakfast, coffee and fruit.
One paid conference per year, and 5 days per year to attend conferences.
About Adevinta Spain
Nuestras marcas en España: fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net, milanuncios y vibbo, llegan cada mes a más de 18 millones de usuarios únicos: ¡estamos en el top 10 de las empresas con mayor audiencia de Internet en España! Esto, junto con las más de 1.000 personas de la compañía, nos convierte en una de las empresas tech referentes del mercado español.
Como empresa tecnológica, tenemos un ADN digital. Nos encanta desafiar lo establecido y pensamos nuevos modos de hacer las cosas. Trabajamos a través de PEAK Performance, una forma de trabajar basada en OKRs, ágil y con equipos autosuficientes y autoorganizados. Creemos en la cultura del feedback y en un estilo de liderazgo cercano. Además, gracias a la tecnología puntera, la experiencia y la especialización creamos un entorno digital multiplataforma, eficaz y de total confianza. En definitiva, creamos soluciones cada vez más inteligentes para ofrecer la mejor experiencia a nuestros usuarios y clientes.
Y no solo estamos en España, Adevinta es un grupo internacional presente en 16 países de Europa, América Latina y África del Norte, con marcas locales líderes como Leboncoin en Francia, Subito en Italia, Jofogás en Hungría y Segundamano en México, entre muchas otras. Marcas líderes a nivel local y que forman parte integral de la vida de los usuarios, con una media de 1.500 millones de visitas mensuales a sus sites.
Si te gustan los retos y crees tanto como nosotros en el poder del matchmaking... ¡Únete a nuestro equipo!