We created Yolt because we want to give everyone the power to be smart with their money. We are challenging the status quo of money management and making it effortless and fun! We are part of a team that operates in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank (ING) with an entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up and offices in Amsterdam and London.
We are now focusing on scaling Yolt, developing and maintaining the great relationship with our vastly growing community of users so that we can continue to improve our app and give Yolt users the best experience possible.
What you'll be doing as Platform Engineer
You have extensive experience developing solutions. You have always been the type that wants to understand how things work beyond your code. So, you naturally became the go-to infrastructure girl/guy who sees infrastructure engineering as another development role. For you the only way of doing things is to automate. You have the mentality that technology is something that continuously changes, so you embrace those changes fearlessly. Then you are in the right place. You will be joining a team with people who think like you.
You will be dealing with cloud, networks, security, pipelines,
infrastructure as code, containers. You will get the room to explore and
innovate with the latest technologies on the market.
What the Platform Team does
The team you will be joining is responsible for providing the
infrastructure for Yolt as well as all the necessary tooling for all the
feature teams building the solutions.
What we are looking for in a Platform Engineer
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field;
- Interested in a permanent role (not freelance contract or project-based)
- Have no need for relocation to The Netherlands at the moment
- Experience with at least one programming language. Experience with Golang is a plus, but other languages are also welcome;
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in a production environment;
- Experience with public cloud. Experience with AWS is a plus;
- Fluent in English (verbal and written);
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting;
- Share the on-call rotation (every +/- 10 weeks) and be an escalation contact for incidents;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Worked in an agile environment;
- Experience with Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration and tools like: GIT, Gitlab, Sonar and Nexus and are able to configure and manage those;
- Experience with networking;
- Experience of working and tuning NoSQL databases like Cassandra;
What's in it for you
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive parts of ING
Interested? Send your CV and cover letter to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org