WebCargo digitizes global freight sales for over 2,000 of the world’s largest logistics providers and carriers. Or, in plain English, we help move the world, offering incredible technology that powers almost a third of the global air cargo market.
We’re not alone either. WebCargo is a proud part of the Freightos Group, a logistics technology company that aims to make global trade frictionless. That’s not cheap, so we’ve raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, making and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited about freight.
Turns out it’s kind of a big deal. As one of the largest tech platforms for a huge industry (the phone or computer you’re reading this on was, after all shipped), we’ve been crushing it with double-digit growth, year after year.
This year has been an incredible year for us, full of successes and accompanied by a great growth of our development teams, and we still want to keep growing! That's why we are looking for PHP Software Engineers who want to join the challenge of digitizing an entire freight industry. And you can do it remotely from anywhere in Spain 😉
- Maintain the web application (refactoring, improving performance, fixing issues, migrating code to new solutions)
- Refactor the software to meet modern standards: SOLID, DDD, Hexagonal Architecture, Unit Test, etc…
- Work on code optimization.
- Work in a cross-functional agile team
- Strong knowledge on PHP and MySQL. At least 2 years of experience working with these technologies.
- Must have a valid EU work permit.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Oh Romeo...you don’t need to be Shakespeare but fluent English will be necessary to communicate with some of your future colleagues.
- Experience building and configuring monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of microservices infrastructure.
- Experience designing tools to automate operational processes.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes. Experience with refactoring legacy components and systems.
- Knowledge in Hexagonal Architecture.
- Experience with automated testing practices (PHPUnit).
What you will be offered at Webcargo:
- We strive for professional development and continuous learning. Apart from career support, you’ll be entitled to get an annual training budget for personal and professional development.
- Competitive salary and participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan of the Freightos Group.
- Ticket restaurant, Private Health Insurance and Flexible remuneration options for nursery, training and transport.
- Flexible schedule & intensive working hours on Fridays so that we have a long weekend 🙂
- Remote friendly
- Multicultural and open environment, full of great people from multiple countries.
- Great office in Torre Glories with amazing views, located in the center of the technology HUB in Barcelona.
- If you work remotely, we will arrange onboarding & quarterly trips for you to meet us in Barcelona.
WebCargo, a Freightos Group company, is an equal opportunities employer and we make every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally.