For us mission is possible. We change the unchangeable healthcare experience for millions of patients and their doctors around the world. With fierce passion, absorbing inspiration and radiating ideas.
We are entrepreneurs. We define goals, have autonomy and space to experiment. We are not afraid to fail. We believe in feedback and honesty delivered kindly.We love what we do. Together.
Want to learn more about Docplanner Tech? Find out!
Now we’re looking for a PHP Software Engineer to join our Tech team in Barcelona. The recruitment and onboarding process is done remotely and remote work (within Spain or Poland) is welcomed as well. However, when the situation is stable, there might be a need for this person to travel to our offices periodically.
The challenge is as enormous as the scale and style of the whole DocPlanner undertaking - we are the world-leading online marketplace for doctors & patients, providing medical practice booking & management SaaS in 15+ countries, for 2+ mln active doctors and 30+ mln patients, operated from 7+ offices all over the world by 1000+ people.
Three words that describe this role:
Passion - Our most important value is "do what you love". We're looking for people passionate about software development but also learning every day. Passion is something making people stay with us for long - our turnover in the Tech team is under 10%!
Autonomy - We have both company and product goals but how you achieve them is your call. Moreover, your ideas and projects are more than welcome.
Entrepreneurship - Teams function like startups, which makes you and your whole team entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a very motivated individual, who likes teamwork and is an excellent PHP Software developer. We offer to work on our platform, helping bring it to the next level, implementing new features in a smart and efficient way.
What will you do:
- Invent and build DocPlanner’s features. Both from the code and architecture site,
- Help less (and more) experienced colleagues.
What experience and skills do you need to do a great job in this position?
- PHP (at least 5.6 version, we work on 7.3 / 7.4),
- SOLID - do you know what this stands for?
- Have experience with Symfony 2.8 / 3.3 / 4
- Know how to optimize MySQL (we use MariaDB),
- Understand the business aspects of implementing projects,
- Can design complex functionalities in a scalable architecture,
- Can optimize the quality, complexity and efficiency of the code,
- Have at least 3 years experience in programming - including at least 2 years working on big projects,
- Can work in a team and you like to help less experienced colleagues,
- Are able to fluently communicate in English.
Big bonus if you have:
- Knowledge and ability to use MongoDB and Redis,
- Ability to use queues: Beanstalkd, RabbitMQ,
- Experience in working with PHPUnit, TDD, CQRS, Databus,
- The ability use the cache: Varnish,
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch,
- Willingness to close every part of the world in microservices;)
- Passion for your work and you like to talk about Eric Evans over coffee,
- A bit of sympathy for the agile approach (most teams work in Scrum)
You will get in return:
- 💶 Real competitive salary (35K €- 50K € depending on your expertise)
- ⚕️Private health insurance with Adeslas
- ✌ 23 free paid holidays.
- 💪 Access to hundreds of gyms in Barcelona for a symbolic fee in partnership with andjoy
- 📈 Share options plan after 6 months working with us.
- ⛱️ Summer schedule every day of July and August.
- ⏰ Flexible working hours (plot twist: this is also true)
- 👨🏻💻 Working from home.
- ✈️ Relocation package (from a different city or country).
It would be much appreciated if you would apply with a CV in English :)
Psst. Do you know that our Candidate Experience score is over 8.5 out of 10? We do our best to keep the quality of our recruitment processes high!
Want to see how life at Docplanner Tech is and what to expect? Take a look at our pages to get a better idea:
You can also join our community by signing up for our Newsletter.