We’re looking for a skilled and creative PHP developer who is comfortable with writing modern object-oriented PHP7 in Laravel/Lumen. You’ll help build and expand our state-of-the-art API, which is compliant with the Open API, REST and JSON-API principles. The API is part of an orchestra of components, each with their own responsibility within the ecosystem. The API functions as a bridge between the backend and frontend components, and will be used by 3rd party integrators. It is therefore crucial that it’s well documented and thoroughly tested.
We value an open culture when it comes to technical decisions, and you’ll be a huge part in this. There’ll be plenty of freedom to choose your own coding environment and tools, but we do appreciate strict coding standards and documentation to ensure code quality and compatibility.
If you want to be part of a small international team, with a very bright growth potential, and you’re a highly skilled PHP developer, then we’d really like to talk to you!
- Produce fully functional, clean, well documented and testable code
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify system requirements
- Develop new and update existing API endpoints
- Keep specification files (swagger, Postman) up-to-date
- Make sure response times remain lightning fast
- Creating and updating acceptance tests
- Create technical documentation for internal use
- Perform load tests, debugging and bug-hunt sessions
- Rounds of refactoring to maximize program efficiency
- Follow security best practices
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments
- Proven work experience as a PHP developer working with Laravel or Lumen
- Hands on experience with API development for high-performance applications
- Knowledge of PHPs latest features (up to PHP 7.1)
- Knowledge of creating test suites with PHPUnit or Codeception
- Attention to detail
- You feel comfortable within a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communicator and team player
git rebase -i doesn’t scare you