Are you always looking for that last 0,1% extra performance to tweak? Do you enjoy working with high-load, high-performance systems? Yes? You should definitely read on!
The role you’ll play
As our Performance Engineer you will play the very central role in ensuring our platform runs at peak performance and can manage the ever-growing number of customers and users. In this role, you will lead performance testing efforts and improvement across our products and engineering disciplines. You are expected to support the entire platform engineering group using a wide range of tools and utilities and identify performance related issues in the applications and systems and present your findings to other teams in the organization to ensure high system reliability.
The role combines hands-on coding tasks, advisory activities and mentoring responsibilities.
The team you’ll be a part of
This is a largely cross functional opportunity working within a software product group, providing first-class translation solutions across the globe. You will be a Performance Advocate, as a result, you will have exposure to a broader set of stakeholders, problems and ideas to ultimately improve customer experiences. You will be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering and be part of our cross tribe technical enablement team. You work closely with our Lead QA engineer, and you spar with peers like the Lead Data Engineer and the Senior Enterprise Architect.
In one year, you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have led the definition of a best practice performance test suite for our engineering group
- You will have identified bottlenecks in the platform, application code stack, network and document reliable predictions on potential bottlenecks
- You will have tweaked our performance monitoring to ensure early warnings and great insights into customer usage patterns
- You have improved the overall platform scalability and helped ensure a smooth and responsive customer experience
- You have setup best practices and provided technical expertise in performance requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, testing and delivery of scalable platform
- You have helped develop tools and processes to test software applications to automate simulation of expected user workloads to identify performance bottlenecks
Desired experience and competencies
What does it take to work for LanguageWire?
What you’ll need to bring:
- 5+ Years working with a similar role doing Performance Engineering and optimization for Product organization
- Great English to ensure you can collaborate with our teams across several locations in Europe
- Experience in collaborating with developers, SREs, database and infrastructure experts and other teams in evaluating performance issues and provide solutions for the issues
- Deep experience with modern load testing and soak testing tools like locust, k6, plow etc.
- Several years’ experience in debugging, monitoring and optimization performance for SaaS solutions
- 2+ years of experience on Elastic search (KQL), Kibana, AWS, Azure
- 3+ years of experience with performance monitoring tools (New Relic/Data Dog/Application Insights/Splunk)
- Knowledge of Prometheus & Grafana would be a plus
This will make you stand out
- Understanding of REST Principles and APIs, UI/Backend test automation frameworks and third-party integrations
- Experience with Azure DevOps pipelines
- Experience working in fast paced agile environment
- Great communication and stakeholder management skills
Most important things to know about us:
- We eliminate language barriers so people understand each other. Everywhere.
- We are a tech company
- We are an AI company
- We are stable, and we are growing
More detail about us:
At LanguageWire, we are leaders in the world of Language Service Providers, but we are cooler than our competitors. Want to know why? Read on. We are fueled by the most advanced technology (AI) and our goal is to make customer's lives easier by simplifying their communication with any audience across the globe.
We are proud of our unique AI technology and our exquisite customer care. We are even prouder of our people. From our language experts, tech nerds, and customer success drivers to the core of heroes in the background. They all have a stake in supporting the delivery of translations, editing, desktop publishing, and other crazy cool multilingual communication services.
We listen and we care. We adapt our solutions to customer needs and integrate them with customer-specific tech stacks, streamlines and automated workflows. All of this while ensuring all data is protected thoroughly in a secure, meteorite-proof infrastructure. Basically, we've got the whole package!
LanguageWire is a community where communication is open, informal and friendly. The fact that we respect each other personally and professionally promotes collaboration and a positive social environment. We celebrate success, and giving and receiving feedback and recognition is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy with what they do and everyone has the tools they need to achieve. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us—they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic people!
Working at LanguageWire — why we like it:
“Being surrounded by so many talented colleagues is one of the best things about working at LanguageWire. The working atmosphere is great, and being part of such a multicultural team represents an enriching and incredible opportunity for the development of my career”
(Anna, Operations Solutions Project Manager, Valencia)
“Why I love my job at LanguageWire? Three things: Team Spirit, Goals and Caring Leadership. It begins and ends with the team. I am motivated because I work with a great team of people who know how to work together, know each other, and thrive when working collaboratively to achieve our goals. We care about each other. As a leader, you need to embrace the whole team to make the team great and achieve set goals. LanguageWire takes pride in caring about it all.”
(Marianne, Customer Success Director, Aarhus)
What are the perks?
We don't stand still. We don’t look back; we drive forward!
Are you the next Wire in our community? Consider a career with LanguageWire, and let’s realize your potential together. These are some of the perks of becoming a Wire...
- Scale-up by facts — start-up by heart
- International company. Offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Stockholm, Varberg, London, Leuven, Lille, Munich, Hamburg, Zurich, Kiev, Gdansk, and Valencia
- 360 employees with great gender and cultural diversity
- A lot of responsibility and freedom
- We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors and countries
- We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and get-together initiatives like online fitness classes, yoga, Christmas parties, etc. We have fun!
Enjoy flat hierarchies, direct feedback, and room to stand up for your own ideas
We are a fast-growing tech company that enables you to develop, be part of the decision-making processes, and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions
- 99 great colleagues in different business departments.
- Excellent location (20 min walk to the city center) in cool and modern offices
- Working in an international environment—more than 20 different nationalities
- Freshly ground coffee from the coffee machine and free fruit
Want to know more?
We can’t wait to meet you! So, why wait 'til tomorrow? Apply today!