Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers and follow us on Twitter @Netskope and Facebook.
Performance QE Engineer
At Netskope, our world class QE organization is built with engineers who love to write code to test, have aptitude to find ways to break things, know how a cloud service should work and can build automation for day to day tasks that machines can run. Our SDETs have built Python scripted automation tools to do functional, regression, security, performance and load/scale testing of our services and clients. Your contribution will test software that large Fortune 500 enterprises will use and rely upon everyday.
- Design and build Performance Test Scripts for enterprise applications based on requirements
- Design and build mockers, simulators and generators as required for performance testing.
- You will participate in Performance bottleneck analysis and fixes
- Craft and execute baseline, load, stress, endurance, and other non-functional tests. Monitor application logs to determine system behavior. Address all technical issues; facilitate the resolution and necessary follow up with Development and other multi-functional departments.
- You will analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage Collection, and DB Parameters and DB Reports to verify the performance of the applications.
- Participate in the development of the project plans by outlining Performance tasks, deliverables, deadlines, time estimates, etc.
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the various applications
- Inform NETSKOPE’S Management Team of testing status and provide final go/no-go recommendations from a performance lens.
- Research and help build out a scalable Performance Testing environment that is logically and physically representative of production.
- Develop, document, and maintain the test strategy and test scenarios.
- 7+ years of industry experience in performance automation
- Have a can-do attitude and a bias towards automating toil.
- Ability to create performance test tools to generate traffic or measure network characteristics.
- Experience in performance testing of client-server products or REST APIs/Cloud-based services.
- Expertise in Test Planning, Test Estimation, Test Strategy, Work Load Design, Test Cases Design, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management & Configuration Management.
- Experience with L4-L7 performance tools,e.g. Jmeter, Locust, and similar open-source performance testing tools.
- Programming experience in Python/Golang/Java is mandatory.
- Able to work with the business to identify and test performance NFRs
- Strong analytical skills needed to identify, research and resolve problems
- White box testing is a plus.
- Experience with network modeling to simulate and test performance under different network conditions.
- Exposure to Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins & Git
- BS (MS Preferred) in Computer Science
In addition to providing you with the opportunity to develop market-leading products while working with a world-class engineering team, we also provide:
- Competitive salary and a permanent contract
- Comprehensive benefits (health insurance)
- Bonus plan
- Stock options
- 23 PTO + bank holidays
- Netskope's Global Wellness Days (a paid day off per quarter)
- Access to multiple training courses
- Cutting-edge projects and technologies
- An open, inclusive, innovation-driven culture
- Flexible work hours and fully-remote positions