We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Eats delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated
menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you’ve
always wanted to try. It’s the same cashless payment as an Uber ride.
You just have to tap the app and get your food delivered right to your
doorstep and enjoy!
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market.
About the Role
This is a one year contract position with a strong potential for extension.
The Operations Manager, Money – Uber Eats role is a unique opportunity to build and scale best-in-class processes and tools across Spain and have a direct impact in the success of one of Uber Eats’ fastest growing countries and drive a step-change in the evolution of the food delivery business.
role calls for a combination of process architecting, creative problem
solving, analytical and strategic thinking as well as strong operational
execution skills to build things from the ground up and get stuff done,
What You’ll Do
- Design, optimize and implement processes to streamline the payment, invoicing and reporting information for our restaurant and delivery partners
- Build relationships with our key restaurant and delivery partners to help them solve doubts around payments and invoicing
- Drive product improvements. As a market expert, you will proactively search for new product features which could improve the scaling of our operations and work on international cross-functional initiatives
- Be locally aware by staying close to the operations team and our partners and anticipate pain points related to payments, invoicing and reporting
- Engage with external accounting firms to create educational materials for our partners on how manage payments and taxes derived from the use of our platform
- Month end reconciliations and reporting
What You’ll Need
- 1 to 4 years experience in Operations Management, strategy consulting, investment banking or in a start up
- Fluent English & Spanish
- Experience in process redesign of a complex invoicing or payments process would be a big advantage
- Customer relationship management experience, this role will have extensive contact with our restaurant partners across the country
- Internal and external stakeholder management experience
- Experience building, optimizing and implementing processes and solving problems
- Creative mind-set that enjoys experimentation and problem-solving as well as willingness to take bold bets despite risk of failure
- Data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with meaningful analytical thinking. Proficiency in Excel is required, SQL knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionality, with such diverse areas as Tax, Accounting, Legal and Product
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly. Able to pivot quickly from long-term strategic thinking to immediate action tactical response
- Strong project management and organization skills with the ability to create meticulously detailed execution plans for large-scale projects and then drive execution through complex and fast-paced environment
- Great collaborator and someone who proactively partners across teams
About the Team
Uber Eats in general launched in March 2016 and is growing fast in Spain where we launched in January 2017 and already operate in 14 cities across the country. We are looking for an Operations Manager, Processes & Payments – Uber Eats to be part of our core team and help us scale up in Spain with the best processes ever. This is a unique opportunity to join the team at an early stage of development with ambitious growth plans.