letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 75M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo´s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
Working with other department Leads, the Operations Director responsibility is to coordinate the internal structure of the organisation based on company policies, goals, and objectives. Also, the Operation Director will encourage an efficient working environment so that deadlines are met consistently.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler: We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Ability to communicate complex business ideas
- Provide hands-on support when needed
- Manage project timelines
- Transform strategy into operations
- Understand the importance of working hard, and you're willing to invest your energy into new dares
- Identify issues both within and outside of your immediate scope, and propose solutions.
- Measure, balance, understand workloads and delegate appropriately
- Give the context necessary for buy-in, and create space for autonomous work
- Provide consistent support and regular progress reports to ensure goals are achieved
You must have
- 4+ years of experience required working in operations
- Outstanding academic track record from a leading MBA or engineering school a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Mastery of scrum methodology
- Developing presentations
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Experience implementing and working with OKRs
- Previous experiences working in a hyper-growth startup
- Strong technical and non-technical influencing abilities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Action planning and prioritization skills
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.